Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is time to round up every person refusing to take precautions, social distance, as well as those that believe its a hoax or not serious and throw them together in the locked stadium. Lesson the burden on the healthcare system and let nature take its course.

:D

Obviously I am kidding...

Here is the thing people. Right now fatalities are mostly limited to elderly and those with underlying health conditions because the rest are able to get the intensive care they need. Once the system is overwhelmed and younger people with severe symptoms are not able to get treatment their fatality rates will increase too. Why? Because they are not getting the necessary treatment due to lack of resources.

You should be looking at the numbers getting sick, not fatality rates right now. Each tells a different story.

I believe people need to relax, and not panic. Panic is the worst thing you can do. Pretending this is nothing, and comparing it to past pandemics such as the flu though is wrong too however. They are not the same.

What's with the toilet paper thing? Honestly, if you have flowing water, you don't need to worry all that much, just go in the shower, turn it on and spread your cheeks. It should blast everything off just fine.

I kind of first used this when I had one of those "whole rollers" -- you know, you wipe, and wipe, and wipe, and it won't all come off. So, I stood in the shower -- it had one of those nozzles you could take off the holder, and move it around, so I put it a few inches from where the sun don't shine and blasted away. A few seconds later, I went back to find it got rid of everything the paper wouldn't.

Do we have "over-sharing" or TMI emojis? If not, we need them! :)

There is a 28 yr old footballer got it and recovered, but he was unable to breathe unaided for a week. The UK has ordered 30,000 ventillators. At present 12.5 % of intensive care beds are occupied by CV patients, other people who are seriously ill don't just go away, you can stop scheduled operations but many of those are obviously important too. When the situation is overwhelmed you have dark choices to make, do you take an old man off a ventilator to put the young footballer, do you just stop treating people over a certain age?

I am sat in the hotel where i work waiting for my manager to finish a conference call with head office and the other hotels in the group.

Dont know yet if were closing or staying open.
Dont know if employment being terminated or job being kept with government assistance.

Very worrying.
They'd be nutz to terminate. Laid off, furloughed, etc.? that maybe be a possibility. Best of luck to you and your yours.

There is a 28 yr old footballer got it and recovered, but he was unable to breathe unaided for a week. The UK has ordered 30,000 ventillators. At present 12.5 % of intensive care beds are occupied by CV patients, other people who are seriously ill don't just go away, you can stop scheduled operations but many of those are obviously important too. When the situation is overwhelmed you have dark choices to make, do you take an old man off a ventilator to put the young footballer, do you just stop treating people over a certain age?

I'm still amazed that people do not understand this, or are choosing to ignore this.

I don't think they understand simple statistics or medicine. (I'm not saying anyone here falls into this category). They keep citing current fatality rates, and confirmed infection numbers which are known to be incorect, and then draw conclusions from this false data usually through a preconceived bias. I highly recommend these people take a legit statistics class. Its actually eye opening.

I'm still amazed that people do not understand this, or are choosing to ignore this.

I don't think they understand simple statistics or medicine. (I'm not saying anyone here falls into this category). They keep citing current fatality rates, and confirmed infection numbers which are known to be incorect, and then draw conclusions from this false data usually through a preconceived bias. I highly recommend these people take a legit statistics class. Its actually eye opening.
The issue is what the statistics are and what they tell you. One of Boris Johnsons advisors spoke at length about this yesterday, it is extremely complex and "Just give me the bottom line" doesn't work in the discussion.

The issue is what the statistics are and what they tell you. One of Boris Johnsons advisors spoke at length about this yesterday, it is extremely complex and "Just give me the bottom line" doesn't work in the discussion.

Agreed. Thats why I think the "Its only killing old people because stats show..., is not valid. Look at the whole damn picture.

Agreed. Thats why I think the "Its only killing old people because stats show..., is not valid. Look at the whole damn picture.
They were saying that after the first few people died in UK, well 3 isnt a big sample is it? The people without underlying conditions survive longer before dying if they dont recover, they are starting to die now, it is a very grim discussion.

I think it is time to round up every person refusing to take precautions, social distance, as well as those that believe its a hoax or not serious and throw them together in the locked stadium. Lesson the burden on the healthcare system and let nature take its course.
:D

Obviously I am kidding...

Starting to look like this may be a good idea. Drove past several houses in my neighborhood that had 15+ cars parked in the driveway and in front of the house. Figuring there is one driver and possibly one or two more people in each car, that's a whole lot of people enclosed in one house at the same time. Only takes one infected person to infect several others, if not the whole bunch, then spread it to the masses. Dumb!

Starting to look like this may be a good idea. Drove past several houses in my neighborhood that had 15+ cars parked in the driveway and in front of the house. Figuring there is one driver and possibly one or two more people in each car, that's a whole lot of people enclosed in one house at the same time. Only takes one infected person to infect several others, if not the whole bunch, then spread it to the masses. Dumb!
Also, the type of contact you have in someones house is much more likely to spread an infection than going to a sports stadium. You are all touching the same doors repeatedly, same taps, handing things around from the fridge etc.

This graphic is quite illuminating to show the exponential growth in cases while recoveries are only increasing linearly.

1584981144696.png

Per the WHO today, it took the world 67 days to reach the milestone of the first 100,000 cases. The 200,000 figure was reached just 11 days later, and 300,000 just 4 days after that. That delta between cases and recoveries is what's scaring healthcare professionals. Italy has been generating 5,000+ new cases per day. That will put a strain on any healthcare system.

Last edited:
Ok, Shasta County has a case and get this, it's a 70 year old Asian woman who returned to Shasta County after visiting her sick grand-daughter in the Bay Area - who has the Corona Virus :mad:

It's not just old people who die.

People in all sorts of risk groups die too.

Young previously healthy people die, but in very small numbers.

What young people do is ignore the restrictions in place for everyone's safety, and in so doing put others in higher risk groups in potentially fatal danger, Some could be killing their own grand parents.

Nearly 50 people died in England alone in the last twenty four hours. Here is the statement from NHS England.

"A further 46 people who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 303.
Patients were aged between 47 and 105 years old and all had underlying health conditions.
Their families have been informed."

I am not denying that some younger people will require hospitalisation or even intensive care, but it is a small percentage of those infected. It's still a small percentage of those tested and confirmed with the virus (a distinction lost on many). I do understand statistics, it was ,once upon a time, part of my job.

I'm not going to contribute anymore to this thred, which, in my opinion, is borderline scaremongering.

This graphic is quite illuminating to show the exponential growth in cases while recoveries are only increasing linearly.

View attachment 574585

Per the WHO today, it took the world 67 days to reach the milestone of the first 100,000 cases. The 200,000 figure was reached just 11 days later, and 300,000 just 4 days after that. That delta between cases and recoveries is what's scaring healthcare professionals. Italy has been generating 5,000+ new cases per day. That will put a strain on any healthcare system.
That's a scary chart.

Just heard on the radio that there is a civil liberties protest in LA. Basically saying the government has no right to impose these results...............incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back