Coronavirus Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inasmuch as sadistics statistics has never been my forte, I'd petition here for a chart showing 6 tracings:
Influenza infections
Influenza hospitalizations
Influenza deaths
CV infections
CV hospitalizations
CV deaths
for this year since "flu season" started.

At the same time, has anybody obtained confirming/negating information about China's "zero new cases" claims?
It was zero new deaths in Wuhan I believe. Maruane Fellani (Belgian soccer player) just tested positive in China Jinan where he plays. With CV the stats are hard to compare, a "case" or infection depends on the level of testing.

please provide sources (links) for your copy and pasting.

Sources quoted are in the posting but they are as taken from the post:
according to Johns Hopkins
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker ordered
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer ordered
Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb issued
U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams said
according to The Associated Press.
Gov. Ron DeSantis said
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced
Rep. Ben McAdamssaid he has been hospitalized since Friday
Rep. Mario Díaz-Balart of Florida, said he has self-quarantined
U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar said In a post on Medium
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced on Twitter
MIT scientists announced

Links are numerous and I did not get each individual one as I trolled various state, federal, and news sites

Sources quoted are in the posting but they are as taken from the post:
according to Johns Hopkins
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker ordered
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer ordered
Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb issued
U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams said
according to The Associated Press.
Gov. Ron DeSantis said
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced
Rep. Ben McAdamssaid he has been hospitalized since Friday
Rep. Mario Díaz-Balart of Florida, said he has self-quarantined
U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar said In a post on Medium
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced on Twitter
MIT scientists announced

Links are numerous and I did not get each individual one as I trolled various state, federal, and news sites

Please provide the links. It is not hard to copy and paste.

Sorry MiTasol, it is true that English is no my mother language, actually i don't speak English just understand some writen English, but i don't find where they tell to use saline as sanitizers, as i understand they tell the soap and water are better of alcohol based sanitizers versus virus in mucus

Here for instance
Our clinical study showed that EBD effectiveness against IAV in mucus was extremely reduced compared to IAV in saline.

EBD effectiveness against IAV in mucus was extremely reduced compared to IAV in saline means EBD effectiveness against IAV in mucus was much less effective than IAV in saline.. Also the very next sentence says IAV in mucus remained active despite 120 s of AHR (in sanitizer); however, IAV in saline was completely inactivated within 30 s meaning IAV in saline was killed within 30 s

This is what happens when you get authors who like to show their wide vocabulary instead of writing in plain simple English that translates widely like them saying We aimed to elucidate the situations instead of We aimed to clarify the issues or We aimed to make the differences in methods clear.

This is not just a problem in medical document writing. I have seen Quality Manuals that are full of phrases like proactive synergy. When you walk out onto the floor of those organisations you find without fail that none of the general staff have ever seen the manual and when you ask someone like a cleaner what that means he/she looks at you blankly. A Quality Manual must be written in language that the lowest educated person in the company can fully understand and every staff member must be trained on it for it to be effective and it should not require hours of training.

Last edited:
Thanks, but you got it the wrong way round :lol:
our government is paying me 80%of what i would of earned, still gonna be difficult but better than nothing and i'm very grateful for the financial help and having a job to go back to whenever that may be.
No sir,
Wasn't wrong way round. with the pubs closed, you Brits will have a net gain of 5-10% in your pockets! :p

The number of confirmed cases of the new coronavirus in the U.S. was 41,511 as of Monday afternoon, according to Johns Hopkins putting the U.S. third in the world. At least 499 deaths have been blamed on the virus.
1.202%
Worldwide, the total number of cases neared 367,000 with more than 16,100 deaths.
4.387%
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in a news conference Monday that 20,875 people across the state have tested positive for coronavirus. At least 157 people have died, he said.
0.752%
On a positive note MIT scientists announced that the coming warm month may slow the transmission of the virus, Most transmissions occurred between 37.4F to 62.6F. Regions where average temps exceed 64.4F accounted for less than 6% of global cases. Arizona, Florida, and Texas have the slowest transmission rate in the U.S.
Why would that be? The virus can survive at 98.6F...

EBD effectiveness against IAV in mucus was extremely reduced compared to IAV in saline means EBD effectiveness against IAV in mucus was much less effective than IAV in saline.. Also the very next sentence says IAV in mucus remained active despite 120 s of AHR (in sanitizer); however, IAV in saline was completely inactivated within 30 s meaning IAV in saline was killed within 30 s

This is what happens when you get authors who like to show their wide vocabulary instead of writing in plain simple English that translates widely like them saying We aimed to elucidate the situations instead of We aimed to clarify the issues or We aimed to make the differences in methods clear.

This is not just a problem in medical document writing. I have seen Quality Manuals that are full of phrases like proactive synergy. When you walk out onto the floor of those organisations you find without fail that none of the general staff have ever seen the manual and when you ask someone like a cleaner what that means he/she looks at you blankly. A Quality Manual must be written in language that the lowest educated person in the company can fully understand and every staff member must be trained on it for it to be effective and it should not require hours of training.

but the saline is not the sanitizers, is EBD the sanitizer, if they used the EBD for attack the virus in mucus also after 120 sec this is active but if the virus is in saline the EBD is effective in 30 seconds

Agreed. Thats why I think the "Its only killing old people because stats show..., is not valid. Look at the whole damn picture.

And especially that part of the picture for later in the spread of this disease.

Yes, initially it is only killing oldies because their are more of them with serious underlying diseases but then it starts killing off the younger ones as well. There was a post a couple of days ago that said that in Italy the deaths are now equal for those over and under the age of 50. No source was provided but, if correct, that is the message the young need to be lead to understand. China and Iran are trumpeting about people aged over 100 that have survived.

I suspect we need to start trumpeting those under 30 that have died

And especially that part of the picture for later in the spread of this disease.

Yes, initially it is only killing oldies because their are more of them with serious underlying diseases but then it starts killing off the younger ones as well. There was a post a couple of days ago that said that in Italy the deaths are now equal for those over and under the age of 50.

In Italy the deaths under 50 are 1%, that over 99%
https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Infografica_23marzo ENG.pdf

1.202%
4.387%
0.752%
Why would that be? The virus can survive at 98.6F...
Zipper divide the figures for New York by the population of NY, divide the figures for US by the population of US and the world figures by the world population. A virus isn't a bullet, read up on the science, it is all about concentrations and percentages and vulnerabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back