Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 antennas for mobile telephony have been set on fire, probably by supporters of the theory that 5G helps spreading Corona.
The UK government and chief scientist were asked about this at a CV-19 briefing, it was only the fourth most stupid question asked that day. Even asking the question gives the story credibility and encourages the conspiracy theory, the most stupid part of it is 5G will carry the conspiracy theory just as well as it transmits the virus.... oops see what I just did?

I see exactly what you did. You said "oops" when your action was entirely intentional. Nothing "oops" about it!

So it DOES help the virus to spread! By indiscriminately spreading false info, encouraging inappropriate behavior.
THEY WERE RIGHT!
If they destroy all the masts then their access to conspiracy theories is destroyed too. It is utter madness no comedy script could dream up, have we moved on from making statues of cows to worship? Because this stuff about 5G masts is like talk of "evil spirits".

At home we have started turning over as soon as the journalist start talking.

Same stupid questions day after day, more interested in finding a scandal than anything else, especially the BBC !

At home we have started turning over as soon as the journalist start talking.

Same stupid questions day after day, more interested in finding a scandal than anything else, especially the BBC !
The press are demanding an inquiry into everything except themselves and their own idiotic performance and our "satirists" are satirising everything except the comedy gold that is the "press briefing". Most FB political forums are running a "stupid question of the day" post.

Well they have plenty to choose from, especially from Laura Kuenssburg !

Sounds a lot like Canadian "reporters" at the daily PM press conferences
Well it is a global problem needing a global "solution" achieved by asking the same stupid questions by different people in a different way. How many ways are there to say there is no vaccine, there is no treatment known to work apart from helping the patient to overcome the virus themselves, there is no reliable test to say if you have it or if you had it yet and screeching loudly wont change that.

4 antennas for mobile telephony have been set on fire, probably by supporters of the theory that 5G helps spreading Corona.
It's not the first time anti-5G activists have set antennas on fire (they're generally a minority).

The thing I'm amazed they don't get is: If the towers were causing the symptoms of CV-19 -- why would people be getting better?

The UK government and chief scientist were asked about this at a CV-19 briefing . . . . Even asking the question gives the story credibility and encourages the conspiracy theory
Conspiracy theories surface because people don't believe they are being told the truth. I would say the best way a person could feed into it would be to dismiss it out of hand without explaining why it's wrong. I figure the argument should be countered swiftly with accurate scientific responses.

5G works by transmitting at higher frequencies to facilitate a faster transmission of data, now this does have a variety of problems in that...
  1. Higher frequencies don't travel as easily over long distances, and penetrate structures as well as lower frequency energy
  2. This requires more power output, and more antennae in closer proximity to one another, which would increase the exposure to radio-frequency energy.
...This isn't good for public health for obvious reasons, and while I'm not a proponent of 5G, the fact is: It does *NOT* cause COVID-19: COVID (which is an abbreviation for Corona Virus Disease) is caused by a virus, SARS-CoV-2. Microwave frequency radiation does not cause viruses.

Though some will talk about censorship, it's not the right answer: I can explain why, but it'll go into political territory and will probably get this whole thread killed.

Minnesota report, April 10
cases 1,336, recovered 732, hospitalized 317, deaths 57, tested 33,894*
fatality rate 4.3%
mortality rate 10 per million
tests rate 6 per thousand*
*Test kits are still in short supply, and are currently being used only for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel.

Australia as at 1500 AEST, April 11 2020.

Confirmed cases: 6,292
Cases Recovered: 3,265
Deaths: 56
Fatality Rate: 0.89%
Current ICU cases: 80
Current Cases Admitted to Hospital: 240
Total Tests Conducted: 347,847
Positive Tests: 1.8%

Cases (Deaths) by State/Territory
Australian Capital Territory: 103 (2)
New South Wales: 2,857 (22)
Northern Territory: 27 (0)
Queensland: 974 (5)
South Australia: 429 (3)
Tasmania: 123 (4)
Victoria: 1,265 (14)
Western Australia: 514 (6)

65.2% of cases confirmed infected overseas, 23.9% confirmed infected locally from contact with known case, 8.9% confirmed infected locally, source unknown. The remainder to be determined.

As of yet, no deaths of people under the age of 50.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...avirus-covid-19-at-a-glance-infographic_7.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread