Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

One great advantage of living in a rural area though is the chance of infection is far lower as you can self isolate quite easily and still be very busy. When you have multiple hectares/acres you can easily walk without meeting anyone else and the upkeep, mowing, fence repairs (thanks kangaroos, I dont think) irrigation system, pruning, etc mean you are never without another task to do.

20 new cases, but no new deaths yesterday.
number recovered is now more than that of active cases.

We haven't had any new cases in our region for 5 days now.

Congrats to you guys for showing us how it is done right. Here people just bitch about being inconvenienced, and go out of there way to fight against it.

Last edited:
Congrats to you guys for showing us how it is done right. Here people just bitch about being inconvenienced, and go out of there to fight against it.
Here there's no desire to be out of it too early.
The problem is, that we're not really going to be any better off long-term with our borders effectively closed until there's a vaccine.

Which brings me to the Rosie. The Captain absolutely made the right call in order to protect his aircrew and his Damage Control Attack Teams (Fire fighters.) If you can't fight the ship (Airwing, and Damage Control.) you're a mission kill.

Edit: I also agree with his relief for cause and agree that SecNav needed to go. After being retired from the Navy and watching this unfold? I can say with great dignity; Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Last edited:
How's your stash and paint supply?
I'm not into modelling. Rather play with the real things, which is what makes it worse, as I can't get out and do that.

Also, I usually work from home (self-employed) so I'm trying to work out what I'm going to do until this blows over and work picks up again.

I gotchya'. May I kindly suggest mail order some models, or trolling people on the internet?

I gotchya'. May I kindly suggest mail order some models, or trolling people on the internet?
They won't arrive until after lockdown, nothing except essential items is being delivered, so that unnecessary stuff doesn't crowd out the limited delivery space.

THAT'S the extent of our lockdown. Went out for a half-hour bike ride today and feel a bit better for it. I think I need a bit of 'me' time...

15 new cases today, no new deaths.
Also, another day with no local cases.

But I'm really starting to struggle with the lock-down and lack of social interaction.

DerAdlerIstGelandet how are you doing?

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. My symptoms are pretty much gone now. I'm still not leaving the house at all, and taking it easy, but I think I am in clear.

Minnesota report, April 15
cases 1,809, recovered 940, hospitalized 445, deaths 87, tested 40,242*
fatality rate 4.8%
mortality rate 15.3 per million
tests rate 7.1 per thousand*
*Test kits are still in short supply, and are currently being used only for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel.

Cockroaches love paper. I hope in a years time they find that it is all infested with roaches and have to send it to the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread