Coronavirus Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy report, 5 pm (CEST) 16th April
cases 168,941, new 3,786*, deaths 22,179, new 525, recovered 40,164, new 2072, tests 1,178,403, new 60,999
*i suppose we start to see the Easter effect
fatality rate 13.1%
mortality rate 368 per million
test rate 19.5 per thousand
test rate today 1,011 per million, new record

news: Bergamo municipality estimated that Covid-19 deaths are ~0.5% of population

Saw that on the news.
dont understand why they need to wear tactical clothing and carry assault rifles ?

Compensating for a lack of genitals methinks !

Latest brain-dead reporter question to our PM minutes ago....."Why didn't this weeks deaths match your prediction model last week?"
ours was "can you give a time limit on the lockdown ?" From the BBC's chief political correspondent.
30 seconds after the Home Secretary went into detail explaining the criteria for easing restrictions and how it would be irresponsible to pre guess any outcome without looking at the data first !

Yesterday the B.C. lockdown was extended to the end of April

It is now clear that our journalists study "how to be stupid" to a very high level, all questions today showed the journalist hadn't listened, hadn't a clue what is happening or both. There is more talk of "modelling" in the briefing than there is on this forum, I hope they never move onto air brush techniques.

Latest brain-dead reporter question to our PM minutes ago....."Why didn't this weeks deaths match your prediction model last week?"
Oh, we have lots of questions like that, that is the base level of stupidity (based on present modelling). Today we had "What do you think will be learned from this when the pandemic is over" the ministers answer was followed by "Do you think you will impose sanctions on China then"?

Yesterday, another Grade-A idiot...https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ry-clerk-over-limit-on-toilet-paper-1.5533624

One of the vaccine proposals troubles me, because it's not a vaccine, it's gene therapy: Genes interact with one another, and with something of this nature being developed, what if it made us vulnerable to something else or had some bizarre effect down the road?

I remember there's a mutation to CCR5 Delta 32 which makes people immune to many strains of HIV, but people with it are severely affected by the West Nile virus.

I am reopening this thread.

Lets all stay out of the realm of left vs. right, dem vs. rep political shit. That is the stuff of sheep, and nothing more. If you want to discuss that kind of stuff take it to whatever politically slanted propaganda forum suits your purpose, but lets keep it off of here. Too many friendships on this forum have been lost because of it.

Thanks...

I'm sorry for my reply to buffnut453, sometime i don't remember the political ban

It's ok. We have all done it, me included.

The conversation started ok, and then it took a turn for the south.

I do not like censorship, in fact I hate it, but there are other places for that type of discussion on the internet. Let's not turn this place into one of them. Let's leave that for Facebook, it's already flooded with that hate and BS.

On a side note: politics from a historical point of view, i.e. as it pertains to the war, or history will always be allowed here. It's part of the military and aviation topic. We just don't want the left vs. right type stuff going on.

I have to say that in Australia some reporters are asking intelligent questions of our politicians and getting nonsensical answers. Our Prime Minister is adamant that children cannot get Covid-19 or pass it on to others so schools and pre-schools must remain open.
I have a son in law who got Covid-19 from one or both my grandchildren and five weeks later he is still in isolation and still very ill. He's worked from home for over a year and only goes out for exercise (he runs half marathons but there were none in that time frame) and occasional shopping and had no contact with anyone who had the virus except the two children who both had high fevers for the week ten days before he became ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread