Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just seen two "anti vaxers" arguing about taking or not taking a vaccine that doesn't exist. Im am taking up debating how many fairies can dance on a pin.

So, they give them drugs that are as likely to make it worse as better?

Chemotherapy or radiation treatment. These fight cancer and they do damage. Sure there approved, but if I had a family member on a ventilator and they wanted to live, I would choose the treatment that might save them if if it did damage.

So, they give them drugs that are as likely to make it worse as better?

Its a poor comparison to compare chemo to taking malaria drugs for CV19. Chemo is at least approved, and has shown to be effective. Doctors from the beginning were saying that so far tests for the drug have had very limited results in fighting CV19, and that there needed to be more testing before it is approved.

And chemo walks a very fine line between killing the cancer and killing the patient.

Novak Djokovic says he wont accept to have to have a vaccine, nice to have seen you play Novak, enjoy retirement. The world is going mad.

Then you had the 60 year old gentlemen from Ohio who was very outspoken that the virus was fake, and a political ploy. He called social distancing rules bullshit. Well he got the coronavirus and died on April 15th.

I feel for his family. His ignorance took him from them.

Man who called COVID-19 lockdown 'bull****' dies from the virus

That's just so sad, its like every year we have to have warnings here telling people A) not to go to the seafront in a storm and B) If your dog ends up in the sea don't go after it. It still happens year after year dog goes in, owner tries to save it owner drowns and the dog gets out. Some people just wont learn.

I would figure looking at some numbers, there was a report that said the virus was present in the stool at 50-52 days after diagnosis, and the illness is often diagnosed approximately 2-12 days after becoming infected, with the median being around 11.5, and one case taking 27 days: This would mean that you would have a person effectively able to infect others from as little as 54 to as much as 79 days after the fact with a typical figure of around 63.5 days.

Think about those numbers for a second. Today is April 21 (which will change in 75 minutes), and the 111th day of the year. So, basically, you'd see the last person infected in this wave being non-infectious around day 190, which is July 9th. Not too long ago, I made an estimate that we'd probably need to keep the country closed for 75-100 days (I made this estimate on the 18th), and I'm unfortunately closer to accurate than I'd have liked to have been.

This would require the country to remain on lockdown all the way until July 26 for this to completely go away with no travel into and out of the United States during this period.

As a piece of advice, I would advocate people get masks -- you don't need N95's, but masks that would be of some degree of medical grade because of the fact that they usually keep others from getting infected by you: This might not sound so smart, but it can't live very long outside the body, and this would starve it of hosts. Once it runs out of hosts, it's amount of time is very limited.

Im am taking up debating how many fairies can dance on a pin.
The explanation is simple: 40, as used, is a type of "a month of Sundays" measure, implying a finite but not definite quantity.
Basis for this is that Angels (faeries) are real, but not well enough understood.
Therefore, how many can dance on the head of a pin is finite, but not definite.
Ergo, 40.

Those silly conundra weren't all silly.

Chemotherapy or radiation treatment. These fight cancer and they do damage. Sure there approved, but if I had a family member on a ventilator and they wanted to live, I would choose the treatment that might save them if if it did damage.

I have a good friend who has had chemo for her leukemia.

She says never never never again - the cure is worse than the problem

And others die trying to save a football that costs less than a second of the family income

Except we practice fairly good hygiene where faeces is involved. I know I try to keep it as far away from my face as possible...

Oh, and is the virus viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread