Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was not comparing the two. The point I was making was that everyday people take medicines that do damage to their bodies for the purpose of fighting a disease. Also, I don't quite understand the hang-up about the drug not being approved for use against COVid-19. There are dozens of drugs that are prescribed for off-label uses and HC was approved for use in 1955. There are millions prescribed the drug every year just in the US. The dangers and side effects are well-known. Now, yes it needs more study, and I believe that is what most studies and criticisms conclude, but in the meantime I'm on the side of letting doctors decide how to best treat their patients because they are the one's that will find what really works through trial and error. There are also other drugs that are being used as a treatment, but there does not seem to be such a backlash against them., nor were they approved to fight the disease either. Studies are nice when we have the time to go through all the protocols, labs tests, animal and human subject tests, etc, but treatments need to be devised because the economic devastation caused by the societal shutdown is only getting worse. The cost of a barrel of oil was fell below zero today. Now I am not a fan of big oil corporations, Saudi sheiks, or Russian oligarchs, but that is not good.

Except its not the doctors who are recommending it.
Patient turns up, demands the treatment they've seen advertised (or endorsed by a President), so the doctor gives in and prescribes it. After all, the customer is always right, huh?

The testing is also to find out if it can make it worse for patients. Would you still be so keen to take the drug if you were told "here, take this pill, it may make you better... or it may make you worse"

Is the alternative death? Not trying to be an ass here. but if its a choice between experimental treatment or dying. I'll choose the former and live with the consequences.

Last edited:
Minnesota report, April 21
cases 2,567, recovered 1,254, hospitalized 629, deaths 160, tested 47,697*
fatality rate 6.2%
mortality rate 28.1 per million
tests rate 8.4 per thousand*
*Test kits are still in short supply, however, at the current time test kit processing is limited more by lack of materials (primarily reagents). Tests are currently being used primarily for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel.

See the highlighted points...

No hangup. Why? Because the second highlighted point is what was being said the entire damn time.

Unfortunately despite doctors saying that it was not effective, it was still being touted as a miracle drug. The point was, and I will repeat this one final time...

If someone is not a Doctor, they should not be telling people to take it on national television.

Last edited:

On the first item - the hang up for responsible doctors is that they know that Covid-19 and HC both extend the QT phase of a persons heartbeat. If the QT phase extends too far you die - no ifs, no buts, no exceptions.

MODERATORS - PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EDIT THE FOLLOWING IF IT BREACHES POLICY

On the second statement, the vast majority of doctors are far too busy at present to research the few recorded known affects of HC on Covid-19 (after all they first have to filter out all the crap in social media and from those with a vested interest in greater HC sales).

Being harassed by patients who have listened to Farcebook and other sites, or to a person who owns shares in a HC manufacturer and who says it can't hurt to try it (because the more you buy the bigger the dividends I get), are likely to give in to the relentless pressure and prescribe it.

If the person who demand it then dies or commits suicide (that is a known side effect of HC) then you can be absolutely positive that, once more detailed research shows how dangerous HC is, the next of kin will sue the poor bloody overworked overstressed doctor because they cannot sue Farcebook and the vested interests pushing for the use of HC.

My guess is ambulance chaser attorneys are already lining up cases and preparing for a feeding frenzy.

Last edited:
Is the alternative death? Not trying to be an ass here. but if its a choice between experimental treatment or dying. I'll choose the former and live with the consequences.

Mounting evidence is that HC attacks not just the lungs but the heart and other organs.

If you are one of the many where Covid19 attacks the heart then HC will multiply the effect of Covid-19s damage so it is more than likely you will not live with the consequences.

Last edited:
So far only 471 cases here in Fresno with 7 dead. Not good but not bad either. People screaming to open the country too soon will regret it when the virus explodes with an even greater vengeance. As bad as the "lock down" may be, the consequences are even worse. The big problem is that the younger generations were taught that they are entitled to instant gratification. I was always too poor to afford any gratification and had to learn patience plus waiting. H&ll, maybe I am old.

but if its a choice between experimental treatment or dying.

Careful not to step in the BS as you make your way through life, young man. If the intended medication doesn't prevent you from getting the virus, then not only have you suffered from the side-effects, your chances of dying have increased because you didn't heed the advise of people who know what they are talking about. Doctors, medical professionals, nurses, scientists. Those are the people you listen to and take the advice of, not former reality TV show hosts, opinonated media personalities or scaremongers on dodgy websites.

Except we practice fairly good hygiene where faeces is involved. I know I try to keep it as far away from my face as possible...

Oh, and is the virus viable?
I read that improved sanitation actually led to the polio epidemics of last century. this virus malarkey is more complicated than I thought possible.

News channels in a feeding frenzy about the UK government's failure to join the EU's ppe procurement plan last month !

Trouble is said plan has yet to deliver a single item of ppe to anybody so it didnt make a single bit of difference !

News channels in a feeding frenzy about the UK government's failure to join the EU's ppe procurement plan last month !

Trouble is said plan has yet to deliver a single item of ppe to anybody so it didnt make a single bit of difference !
When you read the details of that scheme it was dreamed up by a schemer. Basically the EU takes money from states and places bulk orders around the world, then distributes it as the EU sees fit. This doesn't produce any more PPE, it drives up the price then gives it to people the EU wants to bribe or curry favour with. If they were setting up a factory or factories to mass produce the basic plastics and other materials then make the basics by the million to help all in Europe and the world I would have been impressed. Of course that is the last thing on their minds. They have spent six months ruminating on a process to make things worse but as usual they are so late to the game it will be finished with by the time they are ready, for the next time.

Exactly, but its not going to stop whichever BBC correspondent asking why we delayed joinng this holy grail of ppe procurement schemes that would've saved thousands of lives during this crisis !

Italy report, 5 pm (CEST) 22th April
cases 187,327, +3,370, deaths 25,085, +437, recovered 54,543, + 2,943, active cases 107,699, -10, tests 1,513,251, +63,101
fatality rate 13.4%
mortality rate 416 per million
test rate 25.1 per thousand
positive rate 12.4%
test rate today 1,046 per million
positive rate today 5.3%

Last edited:

Looks like your numbers keep coming down. Crossing my fingers for you all.

Britain's Chief Medical Officer has stated that we can expect to live with restrictions for the rest of the year.
To be expected, I guess, as this virus is NOT going to just go away and, until a cure and or preventative drugs are found, the situation, globally, will remain very serious indeed.
Those who think otherwise should start to realise this, and observe the local rules, instead of protesting that they can't do this or do that. If they don't, then there very well could be no this or that to do in the future !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread