CORSAIR F4U-4; 1/48, Revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks John, those jobs of yours and detail for the small things have helped to try the crazy things that suddenly come to mind. :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:

Speaking of crazy, I share these images and the way I chose to make those new SCAR rockets for my TEE. Ensign Eliminator Training. (Remember post # 162)

First, it was easier and quicker to make the tip of each rocket with a grinding wheel instead of riding each piece in the drill ...

163.jpg
164.jpg
165.jpg

(I decided to make one more piece, for anything that went wrong.)

The hole that goes in the tail of the rocket I made with a drill and it was easier with the Dremel and with a firm pulse !!

166.jpg

With a manual drill I could make the finish of that drilling "cleaner".
(A little worried that in the 6th rocket, I skid the mototool and lost my spare rocket - with all the process ahead - )

167.jpg

I better used a Hasegawa mini-saw, with teeth finer than Tamiya's. Which made the job easier.

168.jpg

Here we can see the difference between the original kit HVARs and my homemade SCARs with their rails.

169.jpg

... the process to convert an HVAR rocket into a rail for SCARs

170.jpg
171.jpg
172.jpg

To be continued... :salute: ... :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'm back...

The rail is narrower, so with lime and sand it will adjust the thickness of the pylons.

173.jpg

That's how the 8 rails and their pylons look, and the little rockets.

174.jpg
175.jpg

Here begins a madness :crazy:, which, when I realized, it was too late to repent ... :rolleyes:

176.jpg
177.jpg

This incredible image was what prompted me to go ahead ...
twin-pylon-scar-adapter-jpg.379857.jpg

With steel and copper wire, I made a very curious piece, ... I must confess that I liked the result !! :multi:

178.jpg
179.jpg
180.jpg

It took me almost an hour to do the assembly of the piece as a whole. Very carefully in the measurements and when making the holes.

The big challenge is to do the remaining seven and I do not have spare material [-o<; Besides that they must be as similar as possible and that when mounted on the wings, they are aligned, ... I think I'm in trouble !! :forcefeed:

At least, I think it will give them something to think about, when they find themselves in a similar situation and can serve them something ...

Hasta nuevo aviso, gracias por su compañía, saludos cordiales :thumbup::thumbup:

Very good suggestion, Kirby, and the pictures explain perfectly. Let's see how those 7 remaining rockets behave.

Thanks for the intervention. :thumbup:

Interesting to know, and thank you for sharing it Terry, ... ground safety first; But you will remember that my TEE will be in full flight, so the "pigtails", well connected to start the practice of the day.
Saludos amigo :thumbup:

Gracias Roberto y Terry!! :thumbright::thumbleft:

Returning to Diego (the pilot), he is now well settled in his seat and the straps of his belt well placed ...

181.jpg
182.jpg
183.jpg
184.jpg
185.jpg
186.jpg

Previously I checked the inclination of the instrument panel, according to the space in the lower cabin (with the fuselage attached), so that the gun sight is in the correct position on the dashboard.

187.1jpg.jpg
188.1.jpg
189.1.jpg

I hope you like it. :magnifyglass:

I'm ready to join the fuselage with the pieces that go inside... :-({|=

After a while I show you the miracle of SCARs rockets ...(I already finish them)

HASTA PRONTO... :thumbup:

I spent much of the night working, was entertained, but with some pressure, not having the right to make mistakes (regardless of having to make one or more rockets, and / or some rail to rebuild), but fortunately everything went well and Now yes, I recommend the option, to make your own rockets, of the size that you require them and the details that are proper of what you are doing. :idea: :arrow: :thumbright:

These eight dwarfs (one more than those of Snow White :silly:), are ready to leave the home-factory.

190.jpg
191.jpg

In a dry fit, I mounted four of them in a wing, to see the results ...

192.jpg
193.jpg
194.jpg
195.jpg

My new SCARs rockets are ready to go to the painting department. :morning:

Comments and doubts are always welcome.
Thank you for accompanying me with your visits and I hope you enjoy it as I do.

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back