CORSAIR F4U-4; 1/48, Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is a good choice to consider Wojtek :idea:.

I had already thought about eliminating these stamp marks, I thought I would do it by cutting the inside of the hook (as I show it marked blue), give a round finish to the interior of the new holes and probably thin a little the ribs. It would also give a light appearance to the stand. Well polished the whole piece will look good too.

217.1.jpg

I'm not going to stick the plane to the bracket, I'll just hold it.

We have time to conclude other options based on what I have already advanced.
Thanks again. :thumbup:

The idea sounds good too Luis. But I wouldn't do that way. The base can become very fragile so it is quite risky IMHO. As far as the stamp marks are considered ... I would just sand the entrire flat surface of the base with sandpaper of two or three grades finishing with a very fine one. Then I would use a polishing paste and polishing felt disc

Cutting the way Wojtek suggests might make the stand a bit to bendy sideways. I'd leave it alone. Perhaps some lightening holes cold be cut and these would eliminate the sink marks.

IMHO the way I have suggested won't make the stand a bit to bendy sideways, Andy. Usually the plastic for the coat hanger is quite thick and quite hard. What is more, the front wall ( marked green in LC's pic ) ) I suggested leaving and making a little bit thinner , makes the shape of the stand in its cross-section like a T-bar what will prevent the pedestal from bending sideways.

Last edited:
It's a bit complicated for you because the photos do not help. But as Wojtek comments, the coat hanger has thick ribs and will not give any risk.
In fact I already went ahead and made the cut I proposed in post # 221.
I need to start sanding and polishing the whole piece.
I'm not at home right now, but as soon as I finish the piece, I share the process ... very funny !! and thanks for your comments.
Saludos :thumbup:

As I said, I decided to make the cuts, confident in the good quality and structure of the coat hanger ...
... the cutting drill and its work ...

221.jpg

With different files, until reaching the desired distance ...

222.jpg

With sandpaper from 240 to 400 I mainly removed a mark to the center of the whole piece on both sides (external and internal) and then smooth as much as possible. There was a beautiful frosted finish; But the main thing is that you can see better how the piece is ... ;)

223.jpg
224.jpg

... and I started to give a deep sanding with sandpaper from 3200 to 12000. It made me sweat and I just made the front rib ... :dead:

225.jpg

I will leave for later (and little by little) to continue advancing in the fine sanding of the whole piece, ... there is time while I continue advancing with my TEE. :rainbow1:

Before, I had time to finish perfecting the appearance of these SCARs rockets:

226.jpg

Arrow 1 indicates the last rocket before correcting it and arrow 2 is the adjustment that I had to make with a styrene strip, to make the rail appear (I made the mistake of sanding too much and I did not have space to shape the rail :-#).
The other rockets were finished (I think it was obvious that it was a manual work, but they are not so bad ... :-k )

227.jpg

The before and after photos.

228.jpg
229.jpg

Well, it's all for now, to keep working, I hope you like it.

Saludos :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments hobby guys. :salute:

These were some of the best photos I used to make improvements to the kit tanks.

tanque 1.jpg
tanque 4.jpg

They look like this once finished ...

230.jpg
231.jpg
232.jpg
233.jpg

... other pieces awaiting the Primer. :thumbright:

During the sanding of the fuselage, I detached one of the tailgate, so once I finished the rough work, I put it back in place with the help of my third hand ... :rolleyes:

241.jpg

I started with the installation of the air inlets of the wings, but those photos are shared in a few moments.

Ya regreso... :thumbup:

Gracias W y Geo, son muy amables.

After attaching the air intakes to the wings, you can see various gaps ...

234.jpg

235.jpg
236.jpg

So to work on them, using that suggestion of ...

237.jpg

After filling the cracks as best as possible, with a cotton swab dampened in Humbrol thinner, I easily removed the excess ...

238.jpg
239.jpg
240.jpg

I'm going to let it dry like this, tomorrow I give a retouch with Mr.Surfacer 1200 or Vallejo´s PP, before giving a fine sandpaper.

Before mounting this piece to the fuselage I will paint the inside of those air intakes and cover them so that once attached to the fuselage proceed to the application of Primer to all parts.

See you soon... y muchas gracias por sus visitas y comentarios :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back