CORSAIR F4U-4; 1/48, Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking very nice, Luis , although the launcher rails could be a little bit more fine I would say. Anyway nicely done Pal. :) :thumbright:
I'll try to make them more delicated; ... I think I know how ... (at least in the front where there is no rocket covering the rail) Thanks for your comments.
Gracias amigo W. :thumbup:

The details ... follow the details ...

Now it's all about engine exhausts. I supported with some of the images obtained.

196.jpg

I allow myself to describe the process and can be useful to someone. :dontknow:

It was the # 18 veterinary needle (the top one), which most closely resembled the Corsair photographs.

197.jpg

The best choice for cutting the steel needle is the disc of fiberglass (after testing my options)

198.jpg

Let talk a couple of photos ...

199.jpg
200.jpg

Personally when the model allows it, I prefer to give the effect of burned steel of the exhaust pipes (or of machine guns), putting the needle in the fire; ... I like the result ...

201.jpg
202.jpg

I made the perforations to embed each exhaust pipe from the inside ...

203.jpg
204.1.jpg

... from inside I seal them with cyanoacrylate, I adjusted the correct measurement ... and they were ready!

204.jpg

I am thinking that for the moment of painting the aircraft, I will cover with liquid mask each escape so that it preserves its appearance. What do you think?

Well, so far this progress.

Before I close the fuselage, I had difficulty finding the best way to mount the glass cockpit, ... the pilot is clogging to maneuver properly, ... I was about to cut the crossbar after attaching the fuselage and return it To your place after mounting the bubble and the windshield, but, I think I have an option and I'll put it into practice (at least I already have pit, antennas, wheel and hook in place with glue)

If someone has made this kit with their pilot or some similar, I am all ears to hear your recommendation.

Until the next time... Saludos :thumbup:

Dear colleagues, I am very enthusiastic and motivated by the interest, suggestions and comments that you raise in this thread.
I'm sure someone new in our forum; Initiating or intending to improve their skills, will notice just as I do, the great knowledge of so many connoisseurs of military aviation and modeling.

I think your idea to liquid mask the pipes is good, although I've never used the stuff and wonder how will it sticks to metal.
Thanks for the quote, Andy, I have two liquid mask options (Micro Mask and Vallejo), they have different viscocity, but I do not think they represent a problem with the needle steel. There is also the white glue, which is very similar; So I think we can find out and see if it works.

I am very grateful for the support you have given, my friends in the world.

This is another kit that together we will conform in an other nice model for the shelf.

Saludos y excelente fin de semana parea todos :thumbup:

We continue ...

In order to be able to close the fuselage with the bubble between the two sides, I gave it a very good polish with fine sandpaper 8000 - 12000 (so as not to risk cracking or even breaking the transparent piece - once it happened to me :tongue3: - I made a support), before, I polished the inside by leaning against a cushioned surface.
I gave her a bath in Future, letting her dry for about 24 hours ...

205.jpg
206.jpg
207.jpg
208.jpg

... Diego dismisses before closing the fuselage with the bubble in place ...

209.jpg

Finally the fuselage closed with the bubble in place. I still do not put glue on the transparent piece, to give it the best posture once i have sanded and polished the scar of the union of the two pieces.

210.jpg
211.jpg
212.jpg

We'll let it dry ...
...I'll be back... :thumbup:

Wow! Very nicely done! That is a bit tricky with the bubble.
To take advantage of it (I was not going to buy anything extra), it was practically impossible to mount it, after joining the fuselage, and the risk of damaging the pilot or bubble was possible.
Actually adjusting the bubble to the side of the pilot and then closing the fuselage, fitting it correctly to the transom, sides and the crescent of the ceiling, made a simple maneuver.
(I hope I have used clear words to understand)
Saludos amigo :thumbup:

Since I decided to do my Corsair in flight, I was thinking about the options to pose on a base (simple and suitable to wear it).
Several days ago I hid a hook of clothes of my lady :-$, who I liked to work it and also it will be able to serve me for my next P51-B that I have in waiting. :badgrin:

I cut the hook in half and worked it as I had thought.

213.jpg

214.jpg

After several tests of assembly to the low central part of the aircraft, I gave a good polish with fine sandpaper and seems to be well.

215.jpg
216.jpg

I took the groove for a central pump and there I had the base to come in.

This is how looks like the finished piece.

217.jpg

It was necessary to make a hole in the base of the fuselage to pass the tip.

218.1.jpg

This is in what the clothes hook became ... :slicksmile:
They are interesting pieces for some other occurrence, in addition to the basis for my Tang.

220.jpg

I could not stand the urge, I mounted the fuselage and it served me, because I must put some weight inside the cowling, to help maintain the horizontal position of the aircraft. You can see it in the upper left of the sixth photo.

218.jpg
219.jpg

I went ahead with a pending task with the support structure of my TEE, later on I will think of options for one base to support it.

Suggestions are accepted (Good, Nice and Cheap), here in Mexico we say that they contain the 3 "Bs":
Bueno, Bonito y Barato

Greetings and have a good start to the week. :thumbup:

I like the idea for the stand made of the hook of clothes. However I would suggest make it more delicate by removing of the rear part ( red marked in the pic below ). The front one ( green marked ) should be reduced at about a half and its sides could be made thinner ( reduced in the height) as well. These stamp marks ( yellow arrows ) should be removed too. Then the entire base should be polished. Just my opinion Pal.

217a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back