CORSAIR F4U-4; 1/48, Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Luis :thumbleft:. And I'm with Wojtek on the masking sequence. One additional trick which might make life easier and make sure everything is lined up on the underside of the wing is to mask the outer borders of the white stripe across the whole wing with a single piece of tape and then with a sharp X-Acto blade cut the tape along the recessed panel lines where the Sea Blue intersects the stripes. Remove the tape from the middle section and spray with Sea Blue then mask off and spray the green stripe. If that makes any sense at all...

How are they all ?, I hope all you´re having a half-week with the best enthusiasm possible.

Uff !! Around here, ... the planning and masking of my TEE has been really painstaking, detailed and "too slow".
Between measurements, conversions and my "calculometer", I did it in several sessions and at different times,to avoid what could be wrong (or worse !!)

I leave you with the sequence of photographs:

299.jpg
300.jpg
301.jpg
302.jpg
303.jpg
304.jpg

The circles on blue tape did not convince me very much, so you can see in the first photo, which I traced back again to Tamiya's adhesive sheet. By the way is the first time I use these millimeter sheets and I recommend them extensively (surely the vast majority already use them 8-[).

This is a pseudo panorama of the desktop and I hope to be able to apply the Sea Blue tomorrow.

305.jpg

That's all for now.

Gusto en saludarlos :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your comments and "thumbs". :pilotsalute:

The painting process begins:

Everything ready and reviewed for the Sea Blue layer ...

306.jpg

... Let the pictures speak ... !!

307.jpg
308.jpg
309.jpg
310.jpg
311.jpg

Drop tanks and bases of SCARs rockets...

312.jpg
313.jpg

The removal of the masked in the next session ( :idea: experts say that if possible, better remove the masks before the paint completely dry)

Until the moment ... :thumbup:

I'm quickly back ... ;)

The removing of everything masked ...

314.jpg
315.jpg
316.jpg
317.jpg
318.jpg
319.jpg

There are some minor details to correct, where the paint ran slightly 8-[ (the truth expected bigger surprises, but it was not so )

I will let it dry for more than 24 hours, so that the paint is in the best conditions to make the masking (obtaining as straight and precise as possible these white stripes) when applying Park Green.

This Friday I leave the city with my beautiful wife and we return on Monday; so I want to advance as much as possible with my TEE in what I have left this week.

Seguimos en contacto y gracias por pasar por aquí. :thumbup::thumbup:
Saludos

Luis Carlos

Muchas gracias por sus porras, muchas gracias.
... :salute::thumbleft::salute::thumbright::salute:

Now that I return to my city, I can continue with the green color and start with the decals.

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back