CORSAIR F4U-4; 1/48, Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gracias Brian, un saludo cariñoso. :salute:

We have had a weekend with several commitments and today Sunday comes the whole family to celebrate being all well and several have been in shelters, collection centers and in rescue work. There will be stories of all kinds.

I barely have time to upload the photos with the details that I must correct of painting.

Errors in the "clean" lines of the fringes; letters outline; circles, raised painting, etc. It is not much, but I must do it with care.
...The pictures...

340.jpg
341.jpg
342.jpg
343.jpg
344.jpg
345.jpg
346.jpg
347.jpg

So I left my workbench, I already sanded and painted the blue paint that was raised, ... I believe that tomorrow I can keep moving forward.

348.jpg

Greetings to all and have an excellent and (very) "muy padre" start of the week.

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Thanks SANCER. That color is close to what I need to build a model of Clave's #165 in the Fantasy series. I have the model, decals, and his permission to to a model of it. I was having a problem with the green color.

I'm glad to know. It is a direct color and it´ll be easier to approach the color you need. If is possible show us that figure, surely has interesting colors.
Greetings. :thumbup:

As I prepare the photos of the nose of the propeller, I share the result of the corrections I made to those details of painting.

349.jpg
350.jpg
351.jpg
352.jpg

I am already close to the process to apply the decals and I consider that I should have more glossy the surface to apply them.
I want to do it applying Future with my airbrush, what do you recommend that I can use that I dilute it to make it lighter and, if so, with what to do it?

Thanking in advance your comments and suggestions, I am in patient waiting.

I will also work on the masking of the rotating propeller to apply the yellow of the tips and the slight silhouette that also leave the marks of the blades.

Hasta pronto :thumbup:

Last edited:
I take the time to get a good finish on the nose of this famous Old Hog-Nose.
It is worth trying to give the best honors to this wonderful bird. :pilotsalute:

Based on several actual photos and the great combinatios of colors in the nose; ... of the options that I could see in the version I am making, I will make it metallic in its entirety, but with two different tones.
I decided on Alclad II.
I started by sanding and polishing as best as possible this little piece and after applying Primer, I polished it again as best I could.

353.jpg

Then as base primer, I used the same color Glossy Sea Blue 71.300 from Vallejo M.A.

354.jpg

Apply the first color of Alclad II ...

355.jpg

... once dry (not too long), I covered it with liquid mask ...

356.jpg

... and applied the second tone of Alclad II ...

357.jpg

I carefully removed the liquid mask and liked the result: :occasion5:

358.jpg
359.1.jpg

I hope you like it.

... that's all so far, ...
(regarding my question in the previous post), if anyone has a suggestion regarding the application of the Future and proceed with the decals, I am all ears.

Gracias y saludos. :thumbup:

Muchas gracias Robert y Andy, now I have peace of mind and will use low pressure.
I will have to give a good wash to the airbrush (disarming it) to have no setback after the paintings of Alclad II

Saludos cordiales y gracias por su rápida respuesta.
Best regards and thank you for your prompt response.
(I understand the time difference for many friends in the old continent)

:thumbup::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back