Cowboys and Aliens (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Movies are nothing but entertainment and if a movie entertains, then why not like it!

Two movies I'm guilty of liking just for that reason are.....

"Sucker Punch"
"Demolition Man"

I didn't yawn once........

John Carter of Mars was an entire series of novels written by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Read everyone of them more than once. The American astronomer Percival Lowell had spent years at his telesope sketching the canals and seas and nameing them. Lowell and others observed the white polar "ice" caps change size with the seasons as large areas of the planet also changed color and size. So very quickly Mars evolved into a dying planet wherein the Martians had dug canals to bring what little water existed down from the polat ice caps. So fantasy yes but based on, at the time, was thought to be fact.
Burroughs also wrote the "Tarzan" novels and hollywood has butchered them all. So, personally, I was pleased with John Carter

Any producer that makes a remake of ANY movie should be punched in the neck. Any producer that makes a remake of a remake should be hung with thier own film...

That being said, I liked Suckerpunch...it had a storyline that in fact reminded me of Total Recall, where you think you have the alternating figured out until the end of the movie and then you realize that you may not have it figured out after all :lol:

Any producer that makes a remake of ANY movie should be punched in the neck. Any producer that makes a remake of a remake should be hung with thier own film...

Negatory. One movie. The Thing by John Carpenter. Utter genius Sunday movie stuff that is.

There may be an occasional exception, but by the slimmest of margins.

How many batman and spiderman remakes will we have to suffer through before our eyes bleed? They've even remade (mentioned above) Total Recall, which killed the original concept (and brutally deviated from the book).

A favorite movie that came out when I was in Highschool, The Fog, was remade a few years ago (and brought a whole new level to the term "suck").

What's even worse, is when an original movie is terrible and the remake is worse: Red Dawn (2012)...it was so bad that it went from theaters in November to DVD/Bluray in 4 months! :lol:

I think that if a director is considering a remake, it's because they lack the ability to create something of thier own and want to take the easy road and build on something that's already there...

Batman!? You kidding me? Not a great follow on from all the sh!t that came before the best? Batman with Heath Ledger is the ONLY Batman movie with phenomenal credibility. Ledger was phenomenal. He should have won every award available to an actor for that performance. And production/musical score/audio effects only supported that movie. All other movies are garbage in comparison.

I agree. John Carpenter's "The Thing" was a remake worthy of the original. The Prequel "The Thing" that was made a few years ago isn't half bad either.

The Dark Knight trilogy are THE only Batman movies worthy of any accolades. Heath Ledger gave one of the greatest performances of the last 50 years!

That said I WILL NOT go see dipsh!t as Batman in any movie. (Wazza hiz name - you know - was Doolittle in that horrible piece of garbage "Pearl Harbor")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back