Cricket Threat (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Batting yes. Bowling not so much, good pace men just not enough to rotate them around. Spin is thin on the ground too. Hogg is probably our best spinner and hes 35 so not much longer. A lot of talent has been kept down just because of our phenonmenal First XI that has been around for the last 10years.

Exactly.

Sydney is our only spinner friendly pitch really and even that has nothing on the sub continent pitches.

Hi to all cricket fans.

Yes I've heard they are vary tasty dipped in chocolate.... :D :D :D

England England England :oops:

Yeah OK, they are pretty poor right now but what the hell, Ashes 2009?

Botham Rules!!! :)
BOTHAM_Ianf_19850701_GH_L.jpg

:lol:

That 'ripping' wicketkeeper photo is from Melbourne's The Age newspaper. Here's another. I like this one. This is how I remember playing cricket as a kid, out on a paddock somewhere. Also from The Age, it displaced a story about John Curtin, making page one in January 1985. The TEN kids are ALL brothers! Shot somewhere near you...Bungaree...

Any views on the cancelled ICC tournament?
Today its 2nd ODI between SA and England, and The Morkel Brothers are playing!!! I must say my support for SA cricket is becoming less and less due to all the political interference. It was the one main reason we lost to Eng on Friday, but things like that can't be said in interviews.
KP is a legend for what he has achieved, and is passionately hated in SA because he left for ENG, I say good on him.

I'm looking forward to the SA vs AUS series at the end of year!!

edd

As am I man, should be a ripper series :)

Just for a random fact my old teacher was a spinner for Canada at the world cup in 99/03. Barry Seebarrean? I can't remember his spelling exactly now it was a few years ago. He was of Trinidadian desdency I believe.

Cool, speaking of teachers, two of my teachers were, Saartjie and Neels de Villiers, brother and sister of Fanie, and Dale Steyn (New SA fast bowler) is from Merensky High, same school I went to :)

Oh yes the AUS/SA series should be a ripper. It is the first time they'll tackle each other since some great names left the game; McGrath, Pollock, Warne, Gilchrist

edd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back