Cyber Hobby (Dragon) Bf-110D-3 Start to finish.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I ordered new decals for the 110 as I found the waspe was too far back. I will need to remove it and place a new set on. I also placed the M on both the port and starboard wing underside and attached the props, not much else has happened as I can't dull coat till I get all the correct decal placement on. The set I have (decals) I am not very pleased with. They like so many other newer company's making decals, do not stand up as break and shatter when trying to work with them. I tried to thicken them with Micro Decal Film and it helped but I still had several issues. Also the set did not call for the Russian Front ID band aft of the wing. As I do not have any photographic evidence and only a few artist concepts I can't truly say it is correct or not. I need to know more as to when the order for the bands was implemented and when the aircraft is depicted. I am short on this info and have not been able to find anything on it.

Got the gun cover on and cleaned up the Wespe decal and repainted, waiting on the new one.

Well I got the Eagle Cals EC#117 decal set in today. As I said before I had repostioned the gun bay cover and re shot it to cover the old and prep for the new.

bf110_1.JPG
bf110_2.JPG

I then preped the decals having shot a clear gloss finish and started working the head

Bf110_4.JPG

I'll let it set and then solveset it in the morning.

bf110_5.JPG
bf110_6.JPG
bf110_7.JPG

Been unmotivated of late due to many things but I went up to see Dale last weekend, he is the blond one.

daleNme.png

I did shoot a dull coat when I got back and I really like the new paint system. I can't recall a Dull coat that did so well. I also started on building the ladder from music wire. It should hold up better and last longer. We'll see how that all goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back