D-Day Commerative air show, Duxford, May 2014

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I'm still recovering from a fantastic weekend at Duxford and Old Warden, as the shingles contracted before I went has somewhat knackered me, and really affected the arthritis. Consequently, I haven't had time to sort out the almost 2,000 photos I took, but hope to post some in the next few days.
As a taster, here's a couple taken from the camp site on the Saturday, as the C-47 formation passed over. I make little apology for the para dropping shot, which was taken from a range of over three miles. We were lucky, going to the show on Sunday, as the weather on Saturday was very mixed, with heavy rain most of the day, before clearing in the evening. On Sunday, it stayed dry, with a mix of sunshine and cloud, allowing some variable backgrounds for photos.
More to follow from me, and I presume Karl, shortly.

Attachments

• Z1.JPG
    Z1.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Z3.jpg
    Z3.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 142
Quality pictures there Terry. Hope you recover swiftly and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos.

Cheers Chris

Nice shots Red Two, and thanks for the good wishes chaps. I still feel like sh*t, but hope to recover soon - apparently it takes around four weeks to be fully clear, although the rash can leave permanent scars.
Anyway, I've struggled out of bed to get some fluids and food inside me, so thought I'd edit and post a few shots for now, taken in the morning, before the flying display started.
These show a general view of some of the 'Daks', one of the Buchons which later provided a couple of superb displays, and one of the resident Mustangs 'Ferocious Frankie', of the 361st FG, as it departed to, then returned from, a display elsewhere.

Attachments

• Z1.JPG
    Z1.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 139
  • Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Z3.jpg
    Z3.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Z4.jpg
    Z4.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Z5.jpg
    Z5.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Z6.jpg
    Z6.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 137
Look like it was a blast. Great photos Terry and Carl. Sorry to hear about your health problems though Terry. Take care my friend.

Awesome pics guys, hope you're doin' ok Terry...

and good to see you back in the fold too Karl, don't recall seeing you much lately...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back