DC-3 Crash

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
From Yahoo! Philippines:

At least four people on board a D-C3 plane were burned to death when the private aircraft crashed into an "abandoned" warehouse in a residential area in Las Piñas City on Saturday noon.

Before crashing into the warehouse in Villa Fidela in Elias Aldana village, the plane was already flying low and hit a nearby house.

Rudy Garcia, E. Aldana village chief, said he saw four bodies, three of them men, charred inside the burning plane.

"It appears to be three men, I can't figure out the other person because the body is badly burnt" Garcia said.

Earlier Lloyd Olipano, a concerned resident in Las Piñas, called radio dzBB on Saturday and said at least two houses were damaged when the aircraft fell.

"It happened just now, it just fell, it's still in flames. We can't go near it" Clapano said.

According to him, firefighters have already rushed to the area. Clapano is pleading authorities to shut down the electricity to prevent any fires.

A separate radio report said the D-C3 with body number RTC 550, is still engulfed in flames.

- Mark Merueñas, Joseph Holandes Ubalde, GMANews.TV

-Arlo

Yeah I saw this on the German news yesterday. I missed the beginning though and I thought it was in Europe. I saw the tail of the DC-3 and it looked just like one that I saw at an airshow last month.

From Yahoo! Philippines

Firefighters declared a fire out in a subdivision in Las Piñas City, more than an hour after a private plane crashed into a warehouse and burst into flames.

Flames continue to roar inside a warehouse in Las Piñas where a light aircraft crashed Saturday, killing four people. Benjie CastroRadio dzBB quoted Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) chief Pablito Cordeta as saying the fire was put out at about 1:40 p.m. both by members of the BFP and airport security.

The ill-fated DC-3 plane was en route to Puerto Prinsesa in Palawan when it crashed to the ground at 12:38 p.m. in Villa Fidela Subdivision in E. Aldana village.

Witnesses said the plane was hovering low before crashing into the warehouse through its roof. A row of houses just behind the warehouse was damaged by the plane crash, the report said.

Four charred bodies of still unidentified people were retrieved when firefighters approached the burning light aircraft. Authorities said the plane was carrying two pilots and five crewmen. A search for the other passengers are on going.

Authorities have already cordoned off the area even as they advised onlookers to stay away from the warehouse fearing that subsequent explosions might happen.

Eduardo Kapunan, deputy director of the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, said Victoria Aviation, owner of the plane, is in the business of transporting goods.

Kapunan said he has already seen the flight manifest but refused to disclose the names of the passengers and the two pilots aboard the light craft.

-GMANews.TV

-Arlo

Last edited:
I got this from the local news just two days ago. Along with the goods the DC-3 was carrying, authorities say the plane was also carrying six drums of aviation fuel, which thankfully didn't explode when the plane crashed. I think the plane was overloaded when it took off, though I have to wait for more news on the investigation on why this bird crashed.

I got more news. According to CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines), the pilot and co-pilot were not qualified to fly the DC-3. And also, upon takeoff, smoke poured out of the left engine and the engine stopped, so this accident was probably caused by mechanical failure and pilot error.

I'm still waiting for news on the investigation.

-Arlo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back