Designing a siggy need help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You'r welcome. I should be on and off tomorrow.Also a few chores I have to take care of.

Sleep well.Good night.

:wave:

Morning Wojetk, how's things with you, I hope your kitchen is in a better state than mine. though functional, I've only a bit of a bench top to prepare food on, a fantastic new oven and induction cook top and the plasterer making a mess.

Have been playing with Photoshop (not modelling) and if you are up for it would like to find out what I'm doing wrong with the cut from on picture and pasting to another. I'm using the Pen Tool rather than the Lasso Tool which I found was hard to get accurate. What is happening, is I get the outline of what I want to cut, do the cut and then the paste to the second picture and all that cones across is the outline of what I've traced. It is not bringing over the coloures. I feel this could be something to do with not getting the layering right. Have you any ideas?

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Hi Vic...

I'm fine. Tomorrow I have to be on duty.So I can stay here on for a short time.I hope you are fine as well.

Concerning the problem ...could you post a print screen of it?

Pic 1 have used pen to trace "Joy ball", keyed Ctl+C to cut tracing and Pic 2 keyed Ctl+V to paste, all I get is the outline.

Attachments

• Test Pic 1.JPG
    Test Pic 1.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 90
  • Test Pic 2.JPG
    Test Pic 2.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 93
Now I see it now. But I don't use tha way for that. I use the rectangular marking and then Ctrl+C. Then going to another project and Ctrl+V. Of course the pic you are interesting in has to be in the marked area. Them I use the polygonal
lasso tool and magnifying glass to remove these unwanted parts.

ALso you can use magic wanad.

Last edited:
That is one way I have worked it before, but am trying to improve and quicken the process. I have to go out now, but will keep working on the cut and copy process. Maybe tomorrow if ok and you are not otherwise occupied, you could give me some pointers on colour shading text , similar to the way you have it on your siggy.

For now, thanks again, have a good night and don't work to hard.

Unfortunately I'm at work tomorrow.As a result I'll get back home just on Saturday.Then we can work together in the evening in my local time.

Have a nice day.

see you. :wave:

G'day my friend, I'm up and running, though am expecting the kitchen bench top fitted this morning so may have a couple of electrical interruptions, so if you up for it, I'm ready

PS Got you message late last night (thanks) when I came home, was to late to reply

Ok, when your ready, I have new page open with 500 x 500 pixels and in RBG Colour mode

Attachments

• Tutorial 1.JPG
    Tutorial 1.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 86
OK. Hit the Ctrl+A keys to mark the whole area. Then set the colour of a tool as dark red for instance.Choose the tool "Bucket with paint" (sixth icon of the right column in the tool bar on left) Then "discharge" the colour into the marked area.You should obtain the red background.

OK. Click the T letter in the tool bar and tape a text with black letters for instance. If you need a different letter shape choos other fonts simply. Also if you want to add any effect to the text shape ( bending for instance ) you have to do now with the menu for text.

Attachments

• Vic1.jpg
    Vic1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Then press the Ctrl key and keeping down click with left mouse button on the text layer bar ( name/tittle) in the window "layers" in the right down corner of the PS window. You should get the text marked.

Attachments

• Vic1a.jpg
    Vic1a.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 75
Nice.:)

Now click with LMB the bar (name/title) of the background in the "Layers" window.Then hit Ctrl+C keys.The next step click with LMB the text bar and then hit Ctrl+V to paste a new layer.You should get something like that.

Attachments

• Vic1b.jpg
    Vic1b.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Back