Designing a siggy need help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK. Now click the OK button in the effect selector and you should get the golden layer.

Now hit the M key on keyboard and mark with the mouse cursor inner rectangular.Try to mark it as it is showed in the first pic.

Then hit the Shift+Ctrl+I keys to make the marking inversed. ( The second pic).

Then hit Ctrl+C keys to copy the inversed marking.And paste it as a new layer with Ctrl+V. ( third pic)

Attachments

• vic2.jpg
    vic2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 110
  • vic2a.jpg
    vic2a.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 106
  • vic2b.jpg
    vic2b.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 120
So it means you did all the instructions from above didn't you?

OK. Now there should be three layers in the project.The background, the first ( golden) layer and the third one just added.

Clixk the first one ( I mean the middle) with LMB and then with RMB.In the menu that will appear choose Copy the layer style or something like that.

Then click with LMB the new one layer ( the top one) and then click with RMB. In the opened menu choose the Paste the layer style.You should get the whole golden layer again ( the first pic).

Switch off the middle layer by clicking the black eye with LMB on its bar. The golden frame should be seen ( the second pic). Now you can choose the Blending option for the new layer with the frame and add a relief effect. Then you can colour the background with the dark red paint for instance and voila ( the last two pics here).

Attachments

• vic2f.jpg
    vic2f.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 115
  • vic2e.jpg
    vic2e.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 121
  • vic2d.jpg
    vic2d.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 115
  • vic2c.jpg
    vic2c.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 124
Seems I may have my first problem, when I do the LMB the RMB in the first layer I get this screen

Attachments

• Pic 4.JPG
    Pic 4.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 111
Check at the top bar in Layer option.THere should be the Layer style sub-menu.There you should find the Copy layer style option.

Oh Vic.... Have you forgotten yet? Switch off all layers except the background..Then click the big black square on the tool bar on left side.Choose the colour you need.Click the Bucket icon on the toolbar and click with the tool on the background..Then you can on all layers again.

I did warn you that I'm the original "Dummy", but thanks mate you've been great and given me lots to play with and it's very much appreciated. My spouse will be home soon and I had better get some of my jobs done or I'll be in trouble
happy0071.gif
will talk again soon, in the meantime, have a good night and Saturday and maybe I'll catch you again Sunday or Monday evening (you time). Good night and sleep well

happy0059.gif
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Have you achieved the same effect of the frame like me? If yes I'm glad.

You'r welcome . Good Night. However it is early morning here.The misty one I must say.

See you...:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back