Difficult Christmas Eve

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Well, I thought I could handle it ok, but I guess not. For the past 8 months, my family has been in Dallas and I'm working in Arizona. I only get to go home every 2 months and I went home about 12 days ago for my Christmas and had a great time seeing my wife, kids, dad, and my sister. I figured that would be OK and I would just spend a quiet Christmas and Christmas eve back in Arizona in my trailer by myself. Now I'm terribly missing my family and have raised a toast to everyone for quite a while now.

Sorry.....just having a pity party for myself and you guys being my extended family, I just wanted to share.

Merry Christmas Bud,I'll toast one for you too or maybe 2,have call till midnight so i have to make them light..:)

Hang in there Thor...this is the first Holiday Season without my Dad (first Birthday, first Thanksgiving, Christmas and so on) and my Fiance is still delayed in Bulgaria trying to wrap up her business trip and so I sit here alone as well.

It's tough, but think of the good times you've had with your family and look forward to all the new good times you'll have in the future!

Here's a toast to you, my friend! (and all the rest of ya', too!) :occasion5:

Thank guys, there is some good news.

1. I fixed some stuffed mushrooms so I got them all to myself and didn't have to fight anyone off.
2. I'm getting to experiment with several different kinds of martini's. (nothing beats a good ol double dirty martini with extra olives)
3. Playing the music I want to listen to (wife hates rock) HAHAHA

Been there, done that, still do mate! Which makes me appreciate even more so, the family that I have here! Returning plenty of toasts in your direction, you might need to help me though, got a sh*tload of beer in the house! Help yourself!

I know how you feel. Worst Xmas ever for us. My mom is fighting to stay alive in the hospital..one step forward two back... it sucks, there's only my brother after her, everyone else is gone. But who knows maybe we'll get one of the Christmas miracles you hear about.

I know how you feel brother. I had to spend about 11 months away from my family back when I was a Sailor. I still hope you try to have a great holiday. Just remeber their voices are only a phone call away.

You're not alone Thor, believe me.

First Christmas without my mom and with dad gone as well.... My other siblings are either too far away or we're just not talking. My children want nothing to do with me after the November crisis. My pre-wife's family is also in disarray so its just me and her. We're gonna do the "Christmas Story" thing tonight and go to a Chinese buffet. :)

Chin up, light a candle and turn on the telly to watch the goobers flood the malls returning their gifts!

Thor, it has been many years since i sat in a jungle wondering if I'd ever see the world again. The kids are scattered, many friends have passed and I'm 542miles away. So you may be alone but you are not alone

Attachments

• smileys-drinking-beer.gif
    smileys-drinking-beer.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I raised the bottle to you,,this has never been my best times,,long distance to my family today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back