disturbing Japanese anime' (hiroshima 1945)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Certainly a dramatic moment in human history. Now lets see an anime about the rape of Nanking.

"Altitude 3600 feet"?

I just finished a little research.

this is only one small scene from a movie called Barefoot Gen. this movie was released in 1983. I just finished watching the whoel thing on YT. it made me just absolutely horrified to see what heppened.

This movie was based on a manga comic and the real life experiences of Keiji Nazakawa

Certainly a dramatic moment in human history. Now lets see an anime about the rape of Nanking.

And after that, a video showing......

The Japanese slaughter of 250,000 Chinese civilians to punish the Chinese people for daring to aid the Doolittle Raiders.

The Bataan Death March, and the treatment of Allied POWs captured by the Japanese.

War is a dirty business but the Axis nations were killing tens of thousands of civilians long before the US ever heard of Hiroshima.

One more thing, the atomic raids saved millions of lives.

TO

And after that, a video showing......

The Japanese slaughter of 250,000 Chinese civilians to punish the Chinese people for daring to aid the Doolittle Raiders.

The Bataan Death March, and the treatment of Allied POWs captured by the Japanese.

TO

And some anime of the Allied POW's in the Philippines being fed excrement.

Or the Canadian nurses in Hong Kong being gang-raped and then bayoneted.

For a nation that blatently violated the Geneva Convention, they sure like to whine about it... :rolleyes:

The clip was graphic, yes, but a lot of you guys are on the right track. I've never seen or heard of any anime or manga that depicts the atrocities the Japanese committed. Probably will never happen either.

Ah revisionism, there's no better way making yourself look like the victim. :rolleyes:

Technically, I don't think one could call it revisionism, since that requires presenting a blatant falsehood to dimiss and replace a truth, like Holocaust denial. Rather, I'd call it selective memory, and I've even heard the phrase "historical deflection". It's the deliberate turning of the blind eye to avoid discussion of the cause which led to the consequence. Apparently the Chinese are very good at this as well.

As a footnote, on my last business trip to Japan, a companion and I were perusing through 4 or 5 Japanese textbooks, ranging from elementary through high school level, which he was translating for me. I do not recall that Pearl Harbour was ever mentioned in any of them. As a result, one gets the impression that Japan suddenly and inexplicably found itself at war with the US for reasons that were hazy and vague to explain, then all of a sudden the A-bomb. Truely bizarre.

It is sad to think that we are in an elite group in knowing the factual history of WWII.

And that 68+ years after the end of WWII, the great majority have little idea of a war in which 10s of millions died. They don't understand how it started or who started it. They only know that we dropped two atom bombs on Japan.

I have even heard (any comments from the UK most welcome) that British school children are not even being taught about PM Sir Winston Churchill.

Our own history text books are drifting away from what happened. What a huge disservice to the 10+ million Americans that served, and the 400,000 that died in this war.

Never forget .... It seems that the world is forgetting!

Bill G.

Please don't worry, everyone.

Chinese film productions made a lot of war movies which introduce cruel Japanese soldiers. Victim side watched everything very well. We don't deny anything as long as it is a fact.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SUlORRcgM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M50CU78TX-o

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg8oHYybfnE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypcSkq9-82o

Also, even if the Japanese Goverment do not want to teach the dark side of the history, we can know it at any book store or internet. There is no fool at least who doesn't know the Pearl Harbour and we are not liked by the Chinese and the Koreans and ........:shock:

Attachments

• 200592812184154.jpg
    200592812184154.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 2005928121843448.jpg
    2005928121843448.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 360

War is a dirty business but the Axis nations were killing tens of thousands of civilians long before the US ever heard of Hiroshima.

One more thing, the atomic raids saved millions of lives.

I'm refering to this and most of previous posts in this thread. You can not justify a crime by saying that opposing side commited war crimes as well.

Don't get me wrong. Axis powers did comitted horrible war crimes, magnitude of which is unparallel in human history!! But in my oppinion bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaky (and Dresden for that matter) was also crime against humanity, more so becouse it couldn't be justified by military reasons.

In august 1945 - with Soviet Union finally engaged in the war in Far east, with US and Royal Navies dominating the Pacific and entering unopposed in Japans teritorial waters, with Japanese cities and industry bombed to submition and with bulk of Japanese army isolated on numerous islands across Pacific or all but defeated in Burma and in China - final surrender of Japan was only matter of weeks if not days. Indeed only obstacle for imediate peace was the fate of their emperor. Japan's will to resist was allready broken by that time.

And then came bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaky, when they weren't needed any more. The only reason for this atomic raids was one of prestige and demonstration of military power of the United States. Atomic bombs haven't shortened the war which was already over and haven't saved millions of lives of American troops since those lives weren't in danger any more.

Hiroshima and Nagasaky will remain eternal remainders of the horrors of atomic war.

Boy Imalko, you've opened a hornet's nest now :lol:

Rather than get into the ins and outs of the arguement, read the following books:

"Retribution" by Max Hastings
"Tenozan" by George Feifer

Both are very good reads that cover the subject. But to say the bombings of Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Dresden were overkill is to miss the point of the evolution of total war. These books do a good job of covering it and will give a better perspective than you can find anywhere else.

To my mind, it is not amazing that the three cities were bombed as thoroughly as they were. Rather, it is amazing that more of cities, nations and groups weren't wiped out. It is amazing the war ended as it did, when it did.

And then came bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaky, when they weren'n needed any more. The only reason for this atomic raids was one of prestige and demonstration of military power of the United States. Atomic bombs haven't shortened the war which was allready over and haven't saved millions of lives of American troops since those lives weren't in danger any more.

Hiroshima and Nagasaky will remain eternal remainders of the horrors of atomic war.

Wow... so you think they were about to surrender? Do you think the allies should have invaded?

wow? really?

I do agree that politics played a role in the dropping of the bomb but I also believe the Japanese weren't about to surrender. There were powerful factions who didnt want to surrender after the bombs were dropped!

True Hiroshima and Nagasaki are testimonials to the horror of atomic war - so? there are lots a horrors in war. The two bombs were only two mechanisms out of many.
They are also symbols of how technology can save lives... those two bombs saved more lives than they took!

Boy Imalko, you've opened a hornet's nest now :lol:

Well, we can allways agree that we disagree on some topic, but remain respectfull of eachother. I am just stating my oppinion.

Thanks for recomended reading. I don't believe I could find those books in Serbia, even if we have several good book stores with wide selection of books in English. Can this books be somehow found through the internet?

Timshatz, I see what you ment with that hornet's nest remark.

I do think they were about to surrender, even if there was many faction within Japanese government opposing this. Some would say that the real reason as why Japan surrendered is USSR entering the war, but I think that wasn't only reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back