Does Anyone Still Play Magic The Gathering???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Anyone else ever play this card game???
15437.jpg

Well, the reason Im asking is that, back in 1995 my son Ryan and I started playin with his little buddies and what not, sorta like a father/son spendin time together gimmick...

Anyways, we played for a few years and collected cards as the years went by.... Built up quite a selection of cards in this time...

Anyways, my 2 new sons have gotten to the point where they can read complex words and understand the game and have started playing with me, sort of a Magic Resurrection.... Im havin a blast BTW, as this game is alot of fun....

The card above is a Special Rare Promotional Card that I got from Walmart, the first cards Ive bought in over 5 years... That card is INSANE!!!!

Well, the reason Im asking is that, back in 1995 my son Ryan and I started playin with his little buddies and what not, sorta like a father/son spendin time together gimmick...

Anyways, we played for a few years and collected cards as the years went by.... Built up quite a selection of cards in this time...

Anyways, my 2 new sons have gotten to the point where they can read complex words and understand the game and have started playing with me, sort of a Magic Resurrection.... Im havin a blast BTW, as this game is alot of fun....

The card above is a Special Rare Promotional Card that I got from Walmart, the first cards Ive bought in over 5 years... That card is INSANE!!!!

Ive played it, for much the same reasons as you. Still got my cards. But my son is now 27, and doesnt play anymore. I havent played in probably 5 years. I might take my decks up for Xmas, and see if he wants to play.

The trouble with kids is they grow up too fast. I miss those days that we played endlessly......

Havent played in prob 10 years, but man that game was fun used to play with a bunch of guys at work then i quit and hevent done it since:oops: :D

I was an Advanced Dungeon and Dragons guy. I searched their website a coiuple years ago and downloaded an "adventure" module. The rules have changed so much that I can't even remotely figure it out. Looks entirely too complicated now. And looks like the rules changed, not to correct flaws, but to print new books. I think they are on Generation IV or V of the rules now. :rolleyes:

No wonder Gygax left.

Hi Matt,

>And looks like the rules changed, not to correct flaws, but to print new books. I think they are on Generation IV or V of the rules now. :rolleyes:

I think you might enjoy this webcomic:

Giant In the Playground Games

Have fun! :)

Henning (HoHun)

I was an Advanced Dungeon and Dragons guy. I searched their website a coiuple years ago and downloaded an "adventure" module. The rules have changed so much that I can't even remotely figure it out. Looks entirely too complicated now. And looks like the rules changed, not to correct flaws, but to print new books. I think they are on Generation IV or V of the rules now. :rolleyes:

No wonder Gygax left.

Yeah that is why I am no longer into it as well.

Funny you ask. I just bought two more expansion packs for MTG, but I don't play anymore. At last count I have over 5,000 cards and still buy a pack or two with each expansion just to see the art work.

For those that care, cause it cracks me up, here are some pics of a game my son and I were playing last night....

Each glass token is a +1/+1 counter...

The Blood Tyrant is a 15/15, Kresh The Bloodbraided is a 22/19 with +4/+0 Feast of Unicorn.... He killed both of them shortly after the pics were taken with sorcery spells, the little prick....

Attachments

• Magic04.jpg
    Magic04.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Magic01.jpg
    Magic01.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 314
  • Magic03.jpg
    Magic03.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 340
  • Magic02.jpg
    Magic02.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 269

No wonder Gygax left.

I was the same as you Matt, I looked at the thing at a games store a few years ago, something like 20+ new books, everything changed.

I figure if I ever decide to get into a game, I'll just drag my old books out of the basement and play what I know remember loved - not spend weeks learning a whole new thing.

Speaking of insane Les, remember those good 'ol days when your kid used the cards to stick in his bicycle spokes or that the dog chewed on? :lol:

Some have already sold for over a grand on e-bay!

Magic BLACK LOTUS Mint - $1,100

Mint Condition - Black Lotus Card Power - $1,026

This is nuts!!!

$1,000 bucks for a card? ONE CARD!?! :eek:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I quit playin the PnP AD&D when Core Rules 3 came out. Felt too much like "oh, we don't want to offend anyone by limiting their advancements, so we'll Nerf it and make it funner and nicer and happier". Heck with that. I want back in the olden days where you'd spend hours tryin to kill a major demon lord or something so you can get the coveted +1 longsword he's hiding! I still miss the old days....didn't have many books, but wish I still had the ones I did own (ex-wife took all my old stuff).

I still miss the old days....didn't have many books, but wish I still had the ones I did own (ex-wife took all my old stuff).

and she's now a 17th level Chaotic evil witch.... :p

j/k!

I'm glad that I put my old treasured stuff in storage when I went off to collage, I have a feeling that my folks would have turfed it all.

This is nuts!!!

$1,000 bucks for a card? ONE CARD!?! :eek:

Damn!

Despite my son telling me he doesn't own this card I had to make sure. I sifted through his entire collection but no luck...:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back