Dog subjected to monstrous cruelty

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

imalko

Chief Master Sergeant
Mar 2, 2009
Vojvodina, Serbia
Belgrade/15 April 2010/Source: B92
A young mixed breed dog was found in a Belgrade suburb on Wednesday with all four of her legs cut off; charges brought against as yet unknown perpetrator.

19021775114bc6d4101342f947849808_MidCol.jpg

Passers-by found the mutilated animal hiding under a car and alerted the authorities, taking the dog to the vet.

The dog, which the vets named Mila (Darling), was not aggressive, but was scared, dehydrated and emaciated when they came to her rescue.

They believe that the animal was attacked and mutilated likely by more than one person, and several days ago, and say it's a miracle she survived the ordeal.

"When they brought in the dog, we were shocked, it's a dog that has had all four legs cut off! It's impossible that she suffered an accident, this was done on purpose," said veterinarian Miomir Ranđelović.

"When they asked me if a man could do this, I said, not a man – an inhuman being. Imagine a person with their hands and feet cut off, their condition, and how they might go on living," Ranđelović said.

The only solution for Mila now is to be fitted with prosthetic limbs, which are not manufactured anywhere in Serbia. This would also have to be followed by a period of training.

Until a new home and a solution for her condition has been found for her, Mila will stay at the veterinary surgery where she is currently being treated.

It has also been announced that charges were brought against the unknown perpetrator or perpetrators. In Serbia, cases of cruelty to animals are treated as felony.

Last edited:
I really don't know what to say on this! Such a horrible thing to do to an innocent animal!!
Horrible! Just horrible...

Many people over here now offered their help to obtain a prosthetic limbs from abroad and with their efforts and kindness Mila will hopefully walk again and find a good home.

Last edited:
I'm saddened and mad as hell at the same time over this!!!! I've spent several minutes thinking about it and the thoughts of what I would like to have done to the sub-human perpetrators of this violent act will probably be best kept to myself!!!

Last edited:
Anyone who would do this, does not classify as a human to me. I would do the same to them.The poor dog did nothing to them to warrant such treatment.

Very sad and a shame!

Now who is really the animal here. Certainly not those pathetic excuses for a human being those Aholes are. They will get what's coming to them. I believe in karma. And karma can be coldly cruel. Wish I could be there to spit on them when it happens.

I understand your sentiments completely. I myself am overwhelmed with feelings of sadness, outrage and shame. Still have trouble to grasp the full magnitude of cruelty displayed here. I just hope from the bottom of my hart that this story will have a happy ending for the poor dog.

Here's the further development of this story:

B92, city, associations mobilize to help rescued dog
Belgrade/15 April 2010/Source: B92
Fund B92, the Belgrade city administration, and SOS Animals association will join forces to raise funds and help a severely mutilated dog.

The young female mixed breed, named Mila (Darling) by her rescuers, was found in a Belgrade suburb on Wednesday will all four legs cut off.
She is currently recovering in a private veterinary surgery, but in the meantime, citizens and organizations are looking for ways to raise money and buy the necessary prostatic aids, and find her a new home.
Fund B92 can be contacted via this email: [email protected], and all those who wish to make a donation will be directly notified about the campaign's progress.
Meanwhile, the suffering of the dog has stirred spirits at the City Hall as well, where Mayor Dragan Đilas confirmed that this institution will also provide funds for the purchase of the prosthetic aids.
Đilas told Tanjug that while the city "has no way to fight against sick minds that cut off dog's legs", it can help with raising the awareness of Belgrade's young and senior residents alike, about the need to develop love for animals.
The mayor also stressed that monstrosities such as this can be discouraged by catching the perpetrator, and punishing them accordingly.
Đilas said he appealed on all normal people to fight against such occurances, and said that the city will continue with its project to build modern asylums for its homeless dogs, as well as by educating the public.
Serbia's well-known film director and chairman of the SOS Animals association Goran Paskaljević also reacted to the news this Thursday, by saying that he has been in contact with animal protection associations in Germany and France in order to determine where prosthetic paws for the dog might be manufactured, to then raise the money for this purpose.
Paskaljević, who also chairs Union G17 Plus, said that French organizations have already shown interest in finding Mila a safe home. He expects Serbian police (MUP) to do everything to discover who was behind the vicious attack against the dog.
"Someone who commits a crime so savagely cruel, will not hesitate to attack people too," Paskaljević concluded.

J@sus Christ! Who the h@ll would do this to a dog?! These guys have some issues. I just hope the same thing might happen to them, see how they like it.
He'll be sectioned
and almost certainly incarcerated to keep him out of the public's way while they treat him; it IS treatment that he needs, a straight sentence just wouldn't tell him anything about himself, only that he'd got caught.

Psychopathic wacko

My wife and I have been involved in Siberian Husky rescue for years. Boris (fatboris) is now 11 years old. We got him at 9 months old with a head trauma and his pelvis broken in 3 places...amazing how some people's trash can become such an important piece of someone else's family. We've had several over the years and the story is always the same, and with the exception of one critter we've had, they've been the sweetest, best-natured dogs.

Frikkin animals!!!! :evil: This is just so wrong its beyond comprehension! Gotta agree with Bucksnort here....what I would like to see done probably isn't very Christian-like, and definitely isn't family-friendly-forum fodder.

Pathologically, these animal abusers will eventually perform violence upon society. Lock 'em up forever.

Pathologically, these animal abusers will eventually perform violence upon society. Lock 'em up forever.
Here's a better idea, Matt...crucify 'em and let thier carcass rot, so it'll be an example to others of what it's like to step outside the realm of civilized behavior...

And, it'll save the taxpayers a bunch of money.

Glad to see Mila is recovering and being well cared for.

It just never stops.

I do what I do with a slim hope of stopping this cr@p but sometimes you can't stop the sea from rushing to the shore.

I know that with veterinary sciences becoming specialized like human doctors, there should be a good chance of recovery. I'm glad to hear that crimes such as this are considered a felony in Serbia. Unfortunately, in some States here, its still a misdemeanor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back