**** DONE: 1/32 Bf109G-2 - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking nice, Wayne. Did the Luftwaffe use yellow tips on the props?

Thanks Guys, yeah the yellow tips were seen on many of the Finnish 109's, but not the Luftwaffe, I will admit that in the early days of my looking into Finnish subjects I did not initially notice the yellow tips..!

And the other chap has gone about 2-3mm too far back on the cowl with the Yellow marking it finished right on the rear of the second of the small side intakes on the nose.

Wayne,

When I saw you painting those prop blade tips, I went back to the pics in your first post to look closer. Couldn't help but notice the distinct differences in colour tones on the back of the prop blades with what looks like a transition about half way down the blade. Not sure if this is a real colour difference or just my interpretation. Maybe paint wear?

MT-213_74-75-76 Camo_1023.jpg

Thanks Jerry.

Don't really think there is a colour difference on the Prop Blades Andy, probably just the slight 'twist' shape of the blades reflecting light differently. don't recall any colour differential on the rear as a common occurrence, will check references though just in case...

I thought about that too Wayne and could be made to believe that's the case for the top blade but the difference in the lower blade is far more than I would have expected. Just my interpretation though and may very well be as you suggest.

Last edited:
Slow progress this week, but have been preparing further bits, undercarriage legs, removed moulded hydraulic line and will replace and painted tyres and hubs in initial stages...

Attachments

• 69_Undercarriage prep_1728.jpg
    69_Undercarriage prep_1728.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 70_Undercarriage Prep_1729.jpg
    70_Undercarriage Prep_1729.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 71_Undercarriage Prep_1734.jpg
    71_Undercarriage Prep_1734.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 72_Radiator flaps_1739.jpg
    72_Radiator flaps_1739.jpg