**** DONE: 1/32 N1K2-J Shiden-Kai - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice Wayne. Is it just me, (being here in the middle of nowhere) but it seems in a few of your posts, the photos are down side uppy. Or perhaps the Aussies are finally taking over.

Geo

Really impressive attention to details, and great skill in painting them!!!
Alberto

...and for my 40000th Post some more work on the Shiden-Kai...

As I said earlier I gave her a coat of Mithril Silver and found some areas that required further work so i masked around a couple of spots/panels and set to fixing the blemishes yesterday and today so as not to disturb the surrounding paint and detail....then applied a new coat of the Silver and was happy with the result....upper surface had a lighter misting of the Silver as this is to be covered with the dark green camo. Ungercarriage covers done too, as well as the cowling, just forgot to add it in the pics!

and George, tape appears to be exactly the same as the Tamiya stuff.

Thanks for stopping by Guys

Attachments

• 76_Paint Repairs_2898.jpg
    76_Paint Repairs_2898.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 77_Repairs work_2910.jpg
    77_Repairs work_2910.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 78_Repair work_2912.jpg
    78_Repair work_2912.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 79_Undercarriage painted_2916.jpg
    79_Undercarriage painted_2916.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 80_Silver overall_2918.jpg
    80_Silver overall_2918.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 81_Silver Overall_2922.jpg
    81_Silver Overall_2922.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 67
Prem895, I'll step in for Wayne, MITHRIL SILVER is a paint that USED to be produced by CITADEL but it has been discontinued. Citadel now calls it Runefang Steel but word on the street is that they have changed the formulation and it is now darker though I cannot speak from experience. Depending on your perceptions of the color you could lighten it with gloss white. I personally use Tamiya XF-16 FLAT ALUMINUM though some find it too coarse for their tastes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back