**** DONE: 1/32 N1K2-J Shiden-Kai - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

this great paint job I already expected this kind of work in this plane is great I really love, you gave the point I buscare when finished mine degraded paint, with your permission I catch the mixture to go making it for other kawanishi that I have

Thanks guys, Dale I use a cheapie dual action Airbrush which has .2, .35 and .5 nozzles and tips, have 3 of them, switch between 2 of them...third is a spare...cost me like $35 each for what you see below!

Now I decided to add some different panel colour to the lower surface panels to see how it would turnout, extra colour is another Citadel paint called Chainmail, not sure I will leave it as is...

also removed the masking to reveal the Yellow markings, primary painting done at this stage....

Attachments

• Airbrush pic_1979a.jpg
    Airbrush pic_1979a.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 95_Lower Surface Panels_2990.jpg
    95_Lower Surface Panels_2990.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 124
  • 96_Lower Surface panels_2998.jpg
    96_Lower Surface panels_2998.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 97_Overall lower surface_3006.jpg
    97_Overall lower surface_3006.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 118
  • 98_Overall reveal_3002.jpg
    98_Overall reveal_3002.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 99_Overall Upper Surface_3016.jpg
    99_Overall Upper Surface_3016.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_Overall Upper Surface_3011.jpg
    100_Overall Upper Surface_3011.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 90
Hey, Wayne,
Thanks for the info. I was just curious. I have 4 paaches, 3 dual actions, and 1 single action. All but one are anywhere from 7 to 30 yrs old. I have quick disconnects so I can run all off one compressor without having to reach for a wrench. I keep different tips in two of the dual actions so I can just grab and use without having to fiddle with changing tips.

With Andy on that underside looks really nice.
Wayne, let me run this by you, IF (snowball in Sheol), I were to try to do that mottled paint job, I'd do small light dot spots and gradually build them up over time making some lighter and some darker and merging some. Sound like a workable method? Then mixing a custom color...not even in the relm of possible.
Your skill and talent continues to amaze

With Andy on that underside looks really nice.
Wayne, let me run this by you, IF (snowball in Sheol), I were to try to do that mottled paint job, I'd do small light dot spots and gradually build them up over time making some lighter and some darker and merging some. Sound like a workable method? Then mixing a custom color...not even in the relm of possible.
Your skill and talent continues to amaze

Sounds like a plan Mike...:D most important part is getting your paint mix right (with thinner) and practice! Above all keep the airbrush moving panel by panel...it takes time to get it right....have a crack at it.

And thanks for stopping by and your comments guys.

Next stage is to start the paint chipping effect...so out comes the Metalic pencil! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back