**** DONE: 1/32 N1K2-J Shiden-Kai - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok a bit of a peak at progress so far...

Wing before and after plus an extra shot...

Attachments

• 101_Wing-Before_3034.jpg
    101_Wing-Before_3034.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 89
  • 102_After_3087.jpg
    102_After_3087.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 103_Wing Chipping_3084.jpg
    103_Wing Chipping_3084.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 87
Wayne very nicely done. I noticed that you did at least some "chipping" on just about every panel line? I understand those center panels that have rivet? bolt? heads in evidence would be removable but would all the panels suffer chipping? The wing root and scuffing on the cockpit are really nicely done

super nice stuff Wayne. Chipping looks great. Did you use your silver pencil for this?

Yes I did.

Wayne very nicely done. I noticed that you did at least some "chipping" on just about every panel line? I understand those center panels that have rivet? bolt? heads in evidence would be removable but would all the panels suffer chipping? The wing root and scuffing on the cockpit are really nicely done

Well Mike without a full view photo's who will know just how much? Having said that I have tried to keep all secondary chipping to a minimum, the beauty of the pencil on the Matt finish is I can still rub off any that I may deem a little too much, the only primary photo shows evidence of a lot of chipping on the forward fuselage and some on the starboard wing, this photo was taken in early April 1945, while I am allowing for an additional month of useage as there is reference to kill markings applied in May which is the time frame of my depiction.
Also there are a couple of additional Shiden-Kai in US markings after the war showing quite heavy chipping, one along the fuselage and another with much evident on the port wing.

...and thanks for your comments Sir!

Thanks Andy.

...on to the starboard fuselage and main wing with some more chipping work...

Attachments

• 104_Stbd Fuselage Chipping_3101.jpg
    104_Stbd Fuselage Chipping_3101.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 105_Stbd Fuselage  Wing Chipping_3104.jpg
    105_Stbd Fuselage Wing Chipping_3104.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 106_Stbd Wing Chipping_3110.jpg
    106_Stbd Wing Chipping_3110.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 79
and here are 2 reference pics from Genda's Blade showing the extensive Paint chipping or flaking, the side shot is most evident while the 4 o'clock shot shows if you look carefully a lot of chipping along panel lines on the wing area,

Attachments

• P5023099B.JPG
    P5023099B.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 98
  • P5023097B.JPG
    P5023097B.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Back