**** DONE: 1/48 Arado Ar234B-2 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Filling and sanding continues, but we're getting close. Here's some of the needed work at the engine joints:

13042702.jpg

13042703.jpg

And with primer added after the first pass, more needed work is revealed:

13042701.jpg

I've since printed more rivet decals for the canopy and the seal coat is curing on them. May get these on tomorrow and dip the canopy in future to seal. Thanks fro your continued interest...and patience!

Thanks guys. Started the scribing today and here are a few shots of the process I use.

As a guide for my lines, I use this clear Dymo tape which is fairly low tack:

13042801.jpg

After cutting a strip of the tape and removing the backing, I line up the scribe lines along one edge and burnish the tape once it's in position. On the spine, you can see the tool I use to scribe the lines.

13042802.jpg

Here's what the line looks like after the scribe is done. The rivet pattern was continued using a sewing needle but unfortunately I pushed too hard on the puttied part on the top of the fuselage and chipped the putty. This will have to be touched up.

13042804.jpg

To scribe the circular panels, I marked the center and attached a template. The circle was carefully traced with a sewing needle, lightly at first and then with increasing passes until the right depth is achieved.

13042803.jpg

Here's the finished area with a few repairs evident. The circle is scribed right on the puttied area and I took care to keep the cut shallow and mostly in the paint layers.

13042805.jpg

Next will be a layer of RLM 65 over all the surfaces and no doubt some further touch ups. Thanks again for looking in fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back