--> **** DONE: 1/48 Avia S-199 - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have this same model but for the GB later, I'm interested to see how you go out and inconvenient has've never worked with this brand and not know like this.

The wings are on, all seams sanded and ready for paint.

P7162052.JPG

How To Add A couple More Days To The Length Of Your Build Because You Had to
Hurry

A couple of days ago I looked at the calendar and thought to myself "Boy, you better get some paint on this puppy of your never gonna make the deadline" so I finished the prep work and sprayed on the RLM 02. Some nasty file marks showed up on the nose so I got out the sand paper.

Wile sanding I thought to myself "Isn't there supposed to be an intake under here somewhere?" I looked at the plan and sure enough there is an option for either an intake or a long bump. Checked my reference and saw my aircraft had the bump. I preped the part and put it in place and ran glue around it and took a look. "Looking good, fits real nice.... Oh F....K ! I put it on the wrong side!"

I rip it off but too late, the glue has melted into the underside of the nose. I wait a day for the plastic to harden and more filing, sanding and filling before I reset the part.... on the proper side this time. Another day to let the glue cure and more sanding and polishing to get to what you see in the picture.

I SHOULD BE PUTTING THE DECALS ON THE D@MN THING BY NOW!!!

P7192054.JPG
To

The reason I'm feeling short of time is that I'm working a lot of hours this summer (Tuesday was a 17.5 hour day) and I have a couple of out of town trips scheduled before the end of the GB so a month and a half isn't really that long.

So here's the reason for the bump. The red arrows point to the cylinder air supply tube which is the reason for the bump which is seen on the inside of the cowl in the second picture (blue arrow)
bump 1.jpg

bump2.jpg

Here is a diagram of the oil system. There's a heat exchanger for it in the rear fuselage or under the cockpit but I have not seen any venting for it in any pictures
oil system.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back