--> **** DONE: 1/48 Avia S-199 - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have not had time to up date lately but I've re-sprayed the nose RLM 02 after the fix and coated the entire plane with a couple of coats of Future.
Today I put on the major decals and I think I've found a way to do old Hobbycraft decals. First wet the surface with Future then place the decal. Press it down gently with a damp bit of paper towel squeezing the excess Future out then coat first with Micro Sol, then Walters Solv-Set. When it drys some the edge around the decal may be a milky color from the reaction between the Future and the setting solution. Don't Panic! Just take a Q-Tip dipped in Windex and rub the milky areas to remove the effected Future. You may have to do this several times. When it finally drys with out the milky color brush coat the decal and surrounding areas with Future to seal the decal and you have an old Hobbycraft decal stuck on good with out silvering.

P7312070.JPG

Nice work on the decals! I've heard of using wet Future as a decal solution but this is first time that I've seen it described in detail.

I masked and installed the canopy, did a panel line fill and weathering with tempera paint and sprayed the whole thing with Dull Coat.
P8302102.JPG

P8302103.JPG

Some of the smaller bits I've been working on
P8302100.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back