**** DONE: 1/48 Bf109F-4 J.Steinhoff - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers boys.

Having a setback with the yellow theater marks. After priming, I squirted the yellow (always difficult for me), then went to sand out a small run in the yelow and it started peeling everyting away, including the primer. Ended up resanding and repriming. Of course, this happened on the very visible fuselage band. the undersises went on without trouble. Grrrr.

Thanks Terry. Shouldn't be a problem. Just annoying that the primer didn't bond so I made sure I sanded in a nice anchor pattern.

Good ole PIA and Andy I seriously was thinking anchor pattern ????????? I was googling anchors to see which fit the pattern Then I said why be a smartass.

Good ole PIA and Andy I seriously was thinking anchor pattern ????????? I was googling anchors to see which fit the pattern Then I said why be a smartass.

Basically a term we used to use in the steel fab industry - means to roughen up the surface enough for paint to bond. No, I didn't sand in little anchor shapes!

It did Vic, not to 100% satisfaction but it will pass. Here are shots of the just completed yellow theater marks. Note also that the canopy was masked and an initial coat of 66 applied so it would be visible as the inner frame paint. The center canopy piece is just inserted. As Bill says, I soldier on....

Attachments

• 120423 1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 120423 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 120423 3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 80
Your saves have been mind boggeling. May I send you all my gun sights to do.... we won't tell anyone.
You are nearing the finish line and am anxious to see the final pictures matey.

Users who are viewing this thread