**** DONE: 1/48 Canberra PR.9 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was going to say something about that rudder but didn't want to obligate you on a repair that you weren't planning to do. Looks much better now!

Thanks guys...after Karl pointed it out it just wasn't going to stay that way...so filled it all with superglue, zapped it with accelerator, filed and sanded both sides down nice and smooth....not much else to report at the moment working on a secret project....that needs to be done so this has used a bit of time the past few days....

Wayne is working on the development programme for the replacement for the F-35 ..... darn, I let it slip !!!
Good stuff so far Wayne.
When you get to the painting stage, the colour was known as 'Hemp', a sort of beige/sandy colour, and is available from Xtracolor and Xtracrylic, plus others. I think I might have an equivalent FS number for it if you need it.

Wayne is working on the development programme for the replacement for the F-35 ..... darn, I let it slip !!!
Good stuff so far Wayne.
When you get to the painting stage, the colour was known as 'Hemp', a sort of beige/sandy colour, and is available from Xtracolor and Xtracrylic, plus others. I think I might have an equivalent FS number for it if you need it.

All the "hemp" I remember was green.... Nice work as always Wayne!

Thanks Guys, researching those colours terry, and trying to determine what I need to mix with my Tamiya paints, there are a couple of colours that are close so will see what i can come up with....otherwise Plan B will take effect....:D

Now I do want to know what colour the seat pads/cussions are. The instructions say Black for the main seat and Lemon ?? for the seat section (seen Black in some pics) and Light Olive for the back rest. No expert here so a bit of real info would be helpful...

Last edited:
Back pad was normally Olive, with the seat squab cushion either in black leather (very dark brown), or again Olive woven material, although depending om period and aircraft and seat Mark, this could also have a 'sheepskin' cover, as used in the Lightning
The 'Lemon' probably refers to the PSP, under the seat squab cushion, which was a glass-fibre box, coloured bright yellow. The front and edges could normally be seen, showing from under the cushion.

Sorry i have not been updating, have been otherwise engaged and trying to tie up all loose ends at work before i start 3 weeks holiday tomorrow....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back