**** DONE: 1/48 Corsair II - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. Odd, but when I posted #142 above, I failed to see the additional reference pics posted by Geo and Wojtek. Thanks a lot my friends! I have what I need now and, with a day off today, I'll tackle this modification and post some pics tonight.

Zippity doo dah....

And here you are. The mod started by sawing the seat from the bulkhead, filing holes and smoothing down the armour plate, and adding the frames. I also decided that I didn't like the very pointy headrest that was molded to the bulkhead so, as seen in the pic below, I began reshaping this by adding a piece of lead wire that will represent the leather seam that will also act as a dam for some PVA glue .

In this close-up of the seat, you can see the intricate flange that holds the seat belt bar. This was made with a tiny bit of plastic card and the flange was added using aluminum tape wrapped around the bit of card.

I shot the interior green before assembling the seat to the bulkhead:

Before the seat was assembled to the bulkhead, it was necessary to attach the British shoulder harness to the back of the seat and drape it to the front. Below is the finished result and it can be noted that I did not add all the other bracing at the lower end of the seat as I don't think these will be seen once the seat is installed in the pit. I'll check it first though and may add some more framing if it's still exposed.

This all looks too clean as yet and the head rest still has some wet PVA that is contributing to the finished shape of the cushion. Tomorrow I'll add the lap belts, paint the head rest, and give everything a dark wash and paint chipping to finish it off. Thanks for your interest guys.

Users who are viewing this thread