**** DONE: 1/48 Corsair IV - Pacific Theatre of Operations II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So I said I was back, and then my body disagreed. Anyhow, I've actually got progress to report. I have the fuselage joined and made the wingtips and made the bottom scoop. Overall very happy. The scoop isn't as clean as Andy's but seeing as I never scratchbuild I think it turned out well. The white stuff is just dust from sanding. I'll make sure to remove it before painting.

B9CBA68A-5CD8-4BCC-8814-1AA25413FB35_zps0ng2aqkp.jpg

998A8EB8-03D1-4A98-A597-BFCC07777DBC_zpss3tfmltw.jpg

8EE819C5-2C13-4E1E-859C-396151A94402_zpstprsgygz.jpg

You did well on those scratch builds Cory. I'm a little perplexed in that I thought that you had a resin set for the FAA conversion, for which you are sending me the prop. There is such a resin set that has all the needed parts, including the bottom duct as well as the little side scoops. I guess that's not the one I was thinking of. So are you gong to tackle the little side scoops too? They're a PITA for sure.

Here's the one I was thinking of:

l_CV48027.jpg

Thanks guys!

That is the exact set I have Andy, so I don't have to worry about the side scoops, but that small piece between the seat and the two side scoops is frustratingly a radio piece, and not a bottom scoop like I thought when I bought the set. It's nowhere near big enough to rig as the scoop either.

Hi Guys,
Just a quick hello, will be watching this build, I just bought this very kit myself, looks interesting! Nice start Mr 22.
I'm looking to build basically out of the box with a Eduard cockpit photo-etch kit for detail.I won't get a start on my kit for a week or two but will be keenly interested to see how this one goes!!
Cheers

I'm trying to find photos of British Corsairs (specifically IVs [-1Ds]) during assembly to determine if they had the normal European Theatre roundels painted on first, then Pacific Fleet markings. Some DSB British Corsairs appear to have roundels painted over, but I can't make it out on all of them.

The are plenty of pics of DSB Corsairs with the older roundels but, for the ones I saw, it's hard to tell if they are IVs. The one at the FAA Museum at Yeovolton is a good example but it definitely is a MkII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back