<-- **** DONE: 1/48 Do 335 - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Glued the top insert onto the fuselage and came across an odd glitch. What at first I thought was a swirl in the plastic (I've seen this on older kits) turns out to be some sort of defect and I'm not sure how to deal with this....

003.JPG

....do I fill it in or sand it flush? If I fill it, it will affect the fuselage at "A" and if I sand it. it will affect the insert at "2". Time to put on the ponder beanie

002.JPG

That's interesting....I would fill it myself....carefully, maybe a bit of masking too to contain the fill and protect some surrounding detail...

Almost looks like it's supposed to be there, as part of the structure, but I don't know enough about the '335 to say if it's a raised panel or whatever.

Thanks for the input guys. Terry, I checked other Monogram/Revell builds and no sign of the blemish. This pic show a clean fuselage...

Capture.JPG

Nicely done on a tricky anomaly Geo - heck, I'm using big words, I must be all grown up ............. nah !

Thanks John and Hugh. Rear inserts mudded up...

002.JPG
003.JPG

As mentioned earlier the separate cowl pieces weren't the best fit either. The side panel had some nice interior detail if left open but hindered the fit in the closed position...

001.JPG

There are no locating tabs for the piece in the closed position so it was butt glued along the bottom and then a spacer was glued in to keep the rear more or less flush. Not perfect but the piece doesn't exactly follow the contour of the fuselage

004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back