**** DONE: 1/48 F-15E STRIKE EAGLE - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys started applying decals on the underside there is a lot of them.

Thanks guys started applying decals on the underside there is a lot of them.

One thing I can't stand with modern aircraft, there are just so many stencils to apply. Looking good so far though.

Well got a good start on the decals

002-34.jpg

Iam not real happy with the seats there not glued yet i will do some more on them.

001-40.jpg

Good stuff so far. Not sure about those seat harness colours though - modern harnesses tend to be a brown or green colour, depending on which part of the harness.

Good stuff so far. Not sure about those seat harness colours though - modern harnesses tend to be a brown or green colour, depending on which part of the harness.

Thanks Terry, yeah they dont look correct i will do something with them.

Looks good though Jerry.

Question, do they show a smoked or tinted forward screen on your kit?

The instructions didnt have a call out for that and i dont know squat about these things so maybe somebody will chime in.

The instructions didnt have a call out for that and i dont know squat about these things so maybe somebody will chime in.

Easy enough Jerry, just mask off the area so that you only have the screen exposed and using an air brush and a Clear Green such as Tamiya X25 mixed with a drop of thinners. Giving plenty of space between the screen and the air brush, pass a light spray over the screen, check the effect and if required pass the air brush over again. Needless to say, practice a bit on a spare piece of clear plastic first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back