**** DONE: 1/48 F-15E STRIKE EAGLE - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys well I got over to the LHS and picked up the paint needed even the light compass gray for the sidewinders. I got the fuel tanks,lantrin pods,missles,and launch rails are almost ready just a little sanding.

001-32.jpg

Good stuff Jerry!

Stupid question, but how do you use those saw scribers? The curves are obviously to fit various profiles but that's as far as I can fathom them.

Good stuff Jerry!

Stupid question, but how do you use those saw scribers? The curves are obviously to fit various profiles but that's as far as I can fathom them.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. What I do is apply some Dymo tape as a straight edge stuck to the model along the line I want to scribe. Then it's simply a matter of lightly pulling and pushing the blade along the tape until you get the desired depth of the line. The beauty of the saw is that it actually removes material without distorting the edges around the line, unlike a knife or pin which I find pushes the plastic to the side creating a ridge.

The two I use most often are the long straight edge and the gently curving one. Anything with a pointy end is good for tight areas like wing roots.

Last edited:
Beauty, cheers Andy!
I wonder the need for all the differing profiles then, I reckon those you mentioned should be enough as well.
(I do like the sound that material removing ability... a light sand is indeed essential when scribing with a needle or round scriber)

Hmm. Might have to look into this. I saw some recently which were identical, but at a sensible price - if I could remember where, it would help tremendously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back