**** DONE: 1/48 F-94B Starfire – Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glenn

Nice effort so far!
I found this picture but it turned out to be the F-94C Prototype
Thought I would post it anyway as it has a nice metal finish
Cheers Mike

Attachments

• f-94 001.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 200
Thanks Mike. That will really help with the top of the wings. That's a pretty interesting aircraft. The tail section is like the F-94C, but the forward section is still like the F-94A and B except for the probe.

Didn't get to the paint last night, but I start a weeks vacation tomorrow and not traveling anywhere so should be ably to get more done between home improvement projects.

I painted the Old Silver on a couple of days ago but didn't have the chance to take the pictures until this morning. There's only one small seam that needs work and fortunately it's on the radar dome which will be painted either black or tan, so easily repairable. I knew I should have waited a week or two to start smoothing out the joint, but I started after only 4 days and it sank. Must not hurry it next time.

Last edited:
Looks good though Glenn and that seam is easy fixed. All fillers sadly have the same problem of shrinkage and I have noticed are also effected by weather. I always leave mine to settle for a couple of days and tip up as required.

Users who are viewing this thread