**** DONE: 1/48 F7F-2N Tigercat – Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PC211599.JPG
PC211598.JPG
PC211597.JPG
PC211600.JPG
More work done on the interior

Pic 1) The rear cockpit. I made the seat canvas out of paper coated with Future. Still needs the belts.
Pic 2) Landing gear doors
Pics 3 4) The main gear well interiors.

Still quite a bit to do before I can start closing everything up

Last edited:
PC231614.JPG
PC231604.JPG
PC231601.JPG
PC231610.JPG
PC231605.JPG
PC231607.JPG
PC231611.JPG
PC231612.JPG
Some more progress shots.

I finished all the detail painting, made up harnesses from wine bottle foil and assembled and installed both forward and rear cockpits.

When all that was done I did a test fitting of all the parts. No surprises, looks like it will all fit together all right, but it's going to be a lot bigger than I thought it would be.. Did a quick balance check and it will take a whole lot of lead to keep it from being a tail sitter.

Also ordered CMK resin wheels for it today. Never tried CMK before but they looked a bit more accurate that the True Detail wheels and they were the same price so I thought I'd give them a try.

Last edited:
It's looking the biz Glenn - going to be an impressive model when it's done. And yes, it's bigger than you'd first think. When I saw a real one close up, having only seen it in the air previously, I was surprised at the size; being slim and fairly long, it's size is deceptive.

P1031616.JPG
I've been doing a lot of clean-up on joints and a bit more assembly. The nacelles looked like they would be a fairly easy assembly until I actually put glue on then, then it got ugly. If I got a tight joint at the front than the rear opened up and visa-versa and a very difficult shape to clamp. You can see one of the 2 clamps I broke trying. Finally I just sat and held it for a half hour as my fingers went numb, but it all worked out in the end and should look fine with a bit of cleanup and maybe a small shim on one of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back