**** DONE: 1/48 F7F-2N Tigercat – Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not the best beauties in the World are they ?
But hey, compared to the average Hippocroccfrog in my town, they're awesome !!!

Hell man, their weight would ensure that aircraft didn't go anywhere - that's if the nose gear, and the entire fuselage, weren't crushed beyond recognition !!!

P1101628.JPG
P1111631.JPG
P1111635.JPG
P1101627.JPG
I've been smoothing out the glued joints of the wings and fuselage and am just about ready to glue the wings on.

The first picture shows the completed nav lights and the second shows the nacelles on.

When getting ready to put on the canopies I found that the pilots canopy was short shot, part of the bottom frame missing and a portion of the clear corner disformed. The third picture is after I added some plastic to the bottom and coated the disformed corner with thick CA and filed every thing down

The 4th picture is after polishing and dipping in Future. Not great, but the best I think could have been done with what I had to work with. It's a shame the part was short shot because other than that the clear parts were very nice and fit almost perfectly.

Last edited:
Once the frame is painted, it should looks alright. Good work to salvage the piece.

P1131636.JPG
The canopies, wings and tail all on. The fit of wings and tail was very nice and did not need any tweaking to adjust dihedral.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back