**** DONE: 1/48 F7F-2N Tigercat – Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good Glenn have to keep that in mind when I get mine.I am going the yellow just to have something different in the mix.

P1031623.JPG
P1031622.JPG
Glad it worked out Glenn. If something rocks like that I usually try to find out where the parts are rubbing and file down the high points.
Didn't notice it during the test fit or I would have but by the time I say it I had glue on it. My guess is that the nacelles did not have as much curve in them as the lower wing, A little fileing in the muddle could have fixed it.

Looks good Glenn have to keep that in mind when I get mine.I am going the yellow just to have something different in the mix.
Here's something else to keep in mind Kevin. You better have a lot of lead on hand, she's a real tail sitter. I added lead, test balanced, added more lead, test balanced, added lead, test balanced, and once more before it had just barely enough with no more more space left in the nose.

When all that was done I buttoned up the fuselage and will give it a few days before I start working on the seams.

Last edited:
P1041625.JPG
Decided to upgrade the navigation lights. Cut out a notch, filed pieces of clear sprue to fit, drilled holes for the bulbs, put paint in the holes, than glued them on. Will file to shape and polish when dry.

Last edited:
Looking good Glenn. That's a ton o weight. There should be a 45 gallon drum included in the kit. These aircraft were tail sittes in real life and sometimes they were propped up with the drums. I'll see if I can find a photo when I get home Wednesday .

Geo

I can well believe the real thing was a tail-sitter. The drum did come with the kit but I don't want to use it unless I have to (fingers crossed) :lol:

Wow... that is a lot of lead packed into the fuselage! Hopefully you won't need the drum! Good work on the light upgrade too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back