Pic 1) The rear cockpit. I made the seat canvas out of paper coated with Future. Still needs the belts. Pic 2) Landing gear doors Pics 3 4) The main gear well interiors.
Still quite a bit to do before I can start closing everything up
I finished all the detail painting, made up harnesses from wine bottle foil and assembled and installed both forward and rear cockpits.
When all that was done I did a test fitting of all the parts. No surprises, looks like it will all fit together all right, but it's going to be a lot bigger than I thought it would be.. Did a quick balance check and it will take a whole lot of lead to keep it from being a tail sitter.
Also ordered CMK resin wheels for it today. Never tried CMK before but they looked a bit more accurate that the True Detail wheels and they were the same price so I thought I'd give them a try.
It's looking the biz Glenn - going to be an impressive model when it's done. And yes, it's bigger than you'd first think. When I saw a real one close up, having only seen it in the air previously, I was surprised at the size; being slim and fairly long, it's size is deceptive.
I've been doing a lot of clean-up on joints and a bit more assembly. The nacelles looked like they would be a fairly easy assembly until I actually put glue on then, then it got ugly. If I got a tight joint at the front than the rear opened up and visa-versa and a very difficult shape to clamp. You can see one of the 2 clamps I broke trying. Finally I just sat and held it for a half hour as my fingers went numb, but it all worked out in the end and should look fine with a bit of cleanup and maybe a small shim on one of them.