**** DONE: 1/48 Hurricane MkIIc - Mediterranean Theatre of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Terry, I appreciate the explanation and had read that somewhere as well after I posted the question though I've not seen a definitive answer. It seems all the Mark XII examples I've seen in Canada had the aluminum colour, though that doesn't help in my case. Anyway, there's no going back now.

Thanks guys. With the fuselage glued together and the rudder moved over to suit the pedals, I glued the wing upper halves on to ensure a good fit at the wing root. The poorly detailed landing lights were cut out and these will be made from scratch later.

14120703.jpg

Having looked at the pretty ratty looking kit-supplied wheel well that I posted earlier, I decided to chuck it and make my own details. After carefully measuring the required depth, I set about cutting up some plastic card into strips of suitable width and gluing them in to form the walls of the well. The pics below show how this looks at the moment. There two sections of trussed wing ribs that extend through the well and these were replicated based on reference pics.

14120701.jpg

14120702.jpg

The wing/fuselage seam looks very clean. Impressive work on the scratchbuilt wheel wells. At least you didn't have to grind out a built-in wheel well.

Thank-you guys. Slowed down a bit as I've been dealing with a real Hurricane for a while. I've been helping to disassemble the Merlin 29 of our Hurricane and had transported the cylinder banks, heads, and intake manifolds up to Calgary for cleaning at an engine rebuilder. Here is your's truly with the parts in my garage:

141207 Merlin 29 before cleaning.jpg

Thank-you guys. Slowed down a bit as I've been dealing with a real Hurricane for a while. I've been helping to disassemble the Merlin 29 of our Hurricane and had transported the cylinder banks, heads, and intake manifolds up to Calgary for cleaning at an engine rebuilder. Here is your's truly with the parts in my garage:

View attachment 279303

Lets see you get this one done within the allotted timeframe.

Cheers,

Jeff

Whoa! Talk about research... can't get any closer than that! That's so awesome that you are able to work on a real warbird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back