**** DONE: 1/48 Hurricane MkIIc - Mediterranean Theatre of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Absolutely stunning work, Andy. I always enjoy your builds and I seem to learn something new with each one. Thank you for sharing.

Incredible stuff Andy! Does having having access to an actual Hurricane factor into the level of detailing that you are putting into this kit? Canvas covers... wood blocks... those kinds of details are hard to pick up with research only.

Not at all John. In fact, the Hurricane I have "access" to is a 3 hour drive away, except for the engine. All I have of the wheel well on our Hurri is this:

12102718.jpg

As you can see, it's missing a lot of the parts installed on the complete aircraft.

Most of my references are in books and many pictures are available from the net. Here are a couple that I used:

DSCN1826.jpg
DSCN1827.jpg

Thanks Sergio.

Cory, I'll keep an ear open for another visit and let you know. It's not at the museum itself but in a shed north of the airfield and public visits are not normally allowed.

Sounds good, thanks Andy.

Also, I know this is totally off topic, but I know you'll see it here and you have the same stores I do: where would you get lead wiring for wiring radial engines and what size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back