**** DONE: 1/48 Ju-87B-2 - Heavy Hitters II GB (1 Viewer)

Said "screw it" and broke out the hairy stick.
ju24.jpg

Not my finest hour, but I want this one done.
A coat of future and some decals, hopefully it will be O.K.
 
Damn me if that paint peel is the pits Paul.

Never had the issue with MM myself but as a precaution after the finish of applying a colour I always give it a spray with the old floor liquid polish, not Future, that's too precious in this neck of the woods, so I use a type that I have found to have quite a dull finish. I usually let this dry for 24 hours in warmer weather or longer in winter before doing any masking.
 
Thanks, old man!
ju25.jpg

I always place the swastika insignia first.
Something for my grandmother.
 
Last edited:
great stuff Paul, and the colours look right now too. And those 'thingies' are pop bottles over this side of the Pond - soda is what goes in whisky, or for baking!
 
Yeah, but it is going to look like crap due to the hairy stick. I am thinking of saving the "Scotty dog" decals for a different one down the line, and using some other markings.
One other thing, I fitted the prop and the spinner is way too small for the contours of the cowling. I know I was going to pull the cowling off, but it is sad, all the same.
 
Yeah, that's what I thought too! But that was what was on the bottle. What is wrong with the paint lately? When I was a kid, Black green was black green. I should stop counting on others to get it right, and just mix my own colors like I used to in the old days!
 
Seriously, the "RLM 70" or "71", whatever, that Model Master is calling it, is F***ing wrong.
Terry, I was sitting here all smug, secure in my MM coat, dismissing the Humbrol problems, when all of a sudden, "BAM", it is here also.
I feel your pain.
 
Looking good Paul, sometimes the paint just won't stick man! :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back