**** DONE: 1/48 Junkers Ju 52/3M - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No problem, I only wish I had remembered it sooner. My brain doesn't work as quickly as it used to. I built a cut-away Revell U-Boat many years ago for a fan of them, and included fiber-optics and LED's to highlight certain areas. I found that a bit of foil stopped the "shine-through". Dang, I'm getting old. Sorry I didn't remember it before this!

No sweat mate. As it so happens I had already closed up the fuselage using Blu Tack to knock out the light seepage, worked a treat.

Well. I may be wrong but rubber tyres and such like in contact with the plastic can and will eat into the plastic, now blutak is a similar type of ...er ...compound for want of a better word and I'm just thinking out loud and wondering if their might be a reaction sometime down the track....i hope I'm wrong but just wanted to give a heads up on the possibilty....

Thanks for that my friend, I will heed your warning.

Mind you I have been using Blu Tak for a number of years as a packing for nose weights or internal sealing to block light seepage and so on and as yet (I say tongue in cheek) I've not seen any outward signs of erosion/melt/oil stain etc.

Thanks again guys. It's been a non event weekend, hanger has been taken over by younger female member as their boudoir for a few days, am hoping to gain control again by Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread