**** DONE: 1/48 Junkers Ju 52/3M - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks Gents.

Thanks again Karl for your offer but I'll be right for now with what I have. Thanks also Terry, great shots, as for the radio operators door, I think that may have been an addition somewhere along the line for the radio operator sits on the bulkhead behind the cockpit and out in the main cabin.

To you Paul, also my thanks for your effort, sadly though my system is somewhat temperamental and at times the Flash player will not work, this is one of them. I'll have to go raid someone else's PC.

I'm also a bit of a dill for looking back on this thread, post #36, page 3 by Paul (Micdrow) had the info I needed.

On with the engine today if time permits.

I've seen that door (the one in the pics I sent, from Cosford) on Luftwaffe versions Vic. It actually opens on to the main cabin, with the radio table visible, and has the spool for the trailing aerial on it. It's just behind the cockpit bulkhead, and is shown in outline on the cutaway drawing I sent.

I'm not sure what model the Cosford Luftwaffe version is Terry, I know the door was fitted to the Ju 52/3m g3e, g7e and g10e but the one I am depicting is the g4e which is the only one to have the double doors rear of the wing on the stbd side with no forward crew door behind the cabin.

PS. Happy birthday Terry, enjoy your fleeting moment betwix today and tomorrow my friend.

Last edited:
Thanks Vic. As far as I remember, the Cosford example is actually a CASA. Must admit, I hadn't checked the various sub-models - I just thought they all had that door.

No sweat Terry, you had me double checking though.

Nothing to report, kind of got sidetracked with my Un-Official Delta GB project, one gets stuck into a bit of scratch building and becomes mesmerised.

Thanks for looking in and the kind comments folks, kind of makes it all worth while.

I almost finished the DB 601A Engine, was just about to add the mounting frame that attach it to the Bf 109 when I noticed that though I had two of them, they were both the same and both for the left side of the engine. I've zipped of an email to Edwards, so let's see what happens.

I then decided to see if the engine looked okay on a couple of chunks of wood, this lead to me checking how it would look in the Ju 52 freight hold, so while I was at it, I also positioned the rear bulkheads to see how a 9volt battery would fit into the rear-end section. So far so good and with the kit having a good gap between floor and outer skin, so there is plenty of room to secure a switch on the underside. All I have to do now if sort out how to get some lights out to the wingtips which are a bit too narrow for the tiny lights that I have.

Foot note at 19:46 local time on the missing engine part:
I emailed Eduard this afternoon and have just received an email to say it is on it's way. How good can that be.

Last edited:
Great stuff Vic, and good news on the missing part. I was going to offer to send a set of engine bearers (I have about four or five spare sets!), but looks like you're sorted.
How about using fibre optic strands for the wing tip and other nav lamps?

Good thinking Terry, I've just hat a look for coloured fibre optics of the right size and there not so readily available. However I did find some in the US complete with the light source so we will see what can be done. I had also thought of using a light source at the end of a stub of tube sealed in with Heat Shrink.

Users who are viewing this thread