**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Damn ! I hope you will manage to fix that. Anyway it is a very good example that decals should be applied when all painting works are done.

I agree with Wojtek, but I hope you can repair it.
For future reference, when using tape, even the relatively low-tack Kibuti type, from Tamiya and others, pull a length between finger and thumb a few times, to remove most of the adhesive, retaining just enough for the tape to adhere and burnish down at the edges.
Overall though, it's better to plan the painting sequence, just as the build sequence is planned, and areas such as stripes can be done first, if required, with templates of the decals placed temporarily, to assist positioning, as shown in Andy's P-47 thread.

Terrible result Jerry. Sorry to see it. Did you remove the tackiness before applying it?

....Overall though, it's better to plan the painting sequence, just as the build sequence is planned, and areas such as stripes can be done first, if required, with templates of the decals placed temporarily, to assist positioning, as shown in Andy's P-47 thread.

Well, true but I kind of muffed it too and ended up placing tape over one of the decals as well. However, I removed almost all of the tack and pressed it onto the decal with just enough pressure for it to stay there. Of course I gave the decal a good shot of Future and allowed it to cur for a day before I did this.

Thanks guys, well I found a couple decals out of a old revell mustang kit seem to be the same size. I made a note to myself DONT TAPE ON DECALS.

The color is off.
001_zps81eeab61.jpg

Nice fix Jerry. What are you going to do with the S. Touch up by hand? One thing you can try is to find some old decals with a white patch and cut the needed shape.

Thanks guys, I will try to patch first I have white stripes from the fw190d-9 jv 44 build.

Damn, Jerry, I was bummed to see the damage. Wish I could say I never had those kind of issues.... Nice recovery so far though.
Dale

Thanks guys, it seems that I cant get a break on this one I some how missed located the gun barrels which I can get some brass tubing for that I hope to make the deadline.

Good fix Jerry. The good thing is that now you'll never forget it. I did the same thing to a Bulldog years ago and have NEVER masked over decals since with anything other than post-it notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back