**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, the decals are almost done then paint the stripes on.

002_zps5440c966.jpg

Thanks guys, I didn't think there was any stripes on the under side of the wings per the instructions.

AEAF stripes were removed from upper surfaces, and upper and lower wing surfaces, by roughly early to mid July, commencing with upper surfaces. Those aircraft coming on strength at or after this time, only had the stripes on the lower fuselage.
The colour photo posted was taken in early September 1944, on Runway 28 at Boxted, UK, and this was one of the first three 'bubbletop' P-47s received by the Group (called 'Superbolts' by the pilots) who, up until then, had flown the 'razorback' variant. Therefore, this aircraft never had wing stripes, as evidenced also by the absence of 'washable' paint traces where the stripes would have been removed.
Saved you a tricky paint job!

Thanks guys, the decals are done now time to paint the stripes iam worried about taping over the decals should I give it another coat of clear where I will be taping.

Well guys this P-47D sustained some battle damage.

BEFOR

008_zps2fc5ac9a.jpg

AFTER
009_zps84f76db0.jpg

Now time to step back and laugh then fix.

Crap Jerry, that sucks. If you need one, I've got -47 star fuselage stars.

Geo

Thanks Geo I might have some somewhere in my mess but not off a P-47.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back