**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys for the nice comments harvest is getting close to being done cant wait ready to get back to the bench.

Well harvest is done my farm work is done till next April now I can work my regular job and have the weekends.

Thanks for the comments guys, this paint scheme has kind of been a pain but i will get it here is a couple pics of what the instruction call for.

001_zps3a499f35.jpg

002_zpsba241763.jpg

Yikes! That is about as complex as Gabreski's bird. I have that kit on the shelf as well. I met Gabreski as a kid (at our church). He was a GREAT guy. He even autographed my monogram P-47 in Gabreski markings. I still have that thing boxed up all nice and safe. I really want to build another and detail it all up. Just that damned paint job scares the crap outa me. Any ideas how you will mask it up? Tamiya tape? Post it notes cut to fit? Other ideas?

The bird is looking damned nice, Jerry.

Dale

I couldn't agree more
Yikes! That is about as complex as Gabreski's bird. I have that kit on the shelf as well. I met Gabreski as a kid (at our church). He was a GREAT guy. He even autographed my monogram P-47 in Gabreski markings. I still have that thing boxed up all nice and safe. I really want to build another and detail it all up. Just that damned paint job scares the crap outa me. Any ideas how you will mask it up? Tamiya tape? Post it notes cut to fit? Other ideas?

The bird is looking damned nice, Jerry.

Dale

No more difficult than a RAF or Luftwaffe scheme. Just think it through, and take your time. Personally, I would spray the base colour, and then pencil-in the outline for the green areas, and spray then free hand.

Okay Terry that's what I tried my freehand needs work but I can live with how it turned out with the pencil lines was a big help.

001_zpse82f5625.jpg

And got the landing gear done almost.

002_zpse01a5113.jpg

Yep, looks fine to me. I haven't checked, but if the edge demarcation should be 'hard', then if you feel you want to, this can be done using a 000 brush, with the green just slightly thinned (to match the sprayed paint), and then just follow the edges to achieve what's required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back